RDU USAirways club open now...

Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
That is extremely harsh. The DL club at RDU is pretty nice IMHO
The lighting is harsh and the furniture is really bland looking. It makes the place look like a hospital ward. The contrast is especially obvious given the styling and lighting of the AA lounge across the way.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Looks very nice... too bad I don't fly through RDU
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: AA (EXP), Accor (Diamond), Hilton Honors (Diamond), Marriott (Gold), Hyatt (Discoverist)
DL club is actually not too bad. And of course, the comp cocktails help out . I am sure Dougie will beef up the US Clubs everywhere soon and we'll all be able to get G&Ts on the house (sigh).
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: US Airways Plat; Marriott Plat
I will be heading through RDU twice this week. Anxious to see the new club.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by senatetalker33
And of course, the comp cocktails help out .
Agreed on that front. And unlike AA, the complimentary cocktails are actually drinkable...
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
That is indeed a nice looking club. I'm heading out of RDU in a few weeks with my girlfriend who rarely uses lounges and this should impress her but good!
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Hey, they had self serve Diet Coke. I was happy.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA EP
I dropped by a couple of times during the last few weeks and did not want to rush to a judgement. It's brand new, but the design could have been better, i.e. to make it warmer and welcoming. As it is right now, the modern materials (glass, plastic etc.) make the place look artificial and cheap. Coupling with somewhat harsh lightings that make the place looks more like a cafeteria, especially around the tables & chairs area.
In regard to snacks & beverages, it's a standard fare as available across many US Clubs in that there's some apples, oranges, chips & salsas with a tray of Milano cookies. The coffee creamers are stacked up in much more prominent than anything else!

I agree with some comments about the Sky Club across the concourse in that it's old, yet it serves great bloody marys and it does have olive salads & pastas amongst other things!!
Old Feb 21, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: A few
I'm here right now, figured I would check it out. Nice "new club" smell my first impression is its very grey. Everything is some shade of grey. Also it is one big area rather than somewhat cordoned off areas a la the AA or DL clubs. The bar area looks pretty nice but as RDU is my home airport I'm a morning kind of club guy here so bar not that relevant for me. Seats are leather, grey, and not the most comfortable in the world. Wifi is via scratch card login. Glad I came by, but for me this ranks of third of three at this terminal behind the admirals club as my face then the delta sky club. Enjoy!

Last edited by ma91pmh; Feb 21, 2012 at 4:13 pm
Old Feb 21, 2012, 4:10 pm

All 3 Clubs

I've been to all 3 clubs, and all 3 clubs are very nice (nothing worn and torn really on any of them). They all have unique characteristics and have their +'s and -'s. As far as the staff in the US Airways club goes, a lot of them are the same (thank goodness - they are great!).
Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: US Airways Plat; Marriott Plat
I wasn't impressed with the new RDU club. I was there a few weeks ago and it was extremely crowded and the only seat available was at the counter on the far wall. Perhaps I hit the club at a rare time but I don't fly out of RDU too often so it may be awhile before I get a chance to give it a second look.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: US CP, DL PM
Returning from RDU to SFO next month thru CLT. Any recs on whether it's better to use a club day pass at the RDU or CLT lounge(s)? (I can moveup my RDU-CLT segment and spend more time in CLT).
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
I'm not a big fan of the CLT clubs, but that's just a personal opinion.

Another personal opinion is that the new RDU club is pretty cool. It's small, but I find it an easier place to relax and/or work.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by jondysse
Returning from RDU to SFO next month thru CLT. Any recs on whether it's better to use a club day pass at the RDU or CLT lounge(s)? (I can moveup my RDU-CLT segment and spend more time in CLT).
If you're purchasing a day pass, you could try the clubs in both CLT and RDU, as it will be usable at any club in the system for the entire day. The complimentary day passes that come with the US Mastercard are one-time use only at the first location you are entering as the actual certificate is surrendered.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:52 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
If you're purchasing a day pass, you could try the clubs in both CLT and RDU, as it will be usable at any club in the system for the entire day. The complimentary day passes that come with the US Mastercard are one-time use only at the first location you are entering as the actual certificate is surrendered.
I don't think this is correct. I'm looking at the complimentary day pass that came with my Mastercard, and it specifically says "You do not need to present this pass in order to gain access to the US Airways Club. Instead, you must present your US Airways Dividend Miles number along with a valid photo ID."

So to me, this sounds like it works the same way the pass works that you get from the "Special Dividends" in your account. It's just in the Club computer system, and it's good for 24 hours once you use it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.