Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Club

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:21 pm

How long does it normally take to get the US Club Card mailed to you? I signed up on March 22nd, and still don't have a card. I have been able to use US Clubs by just giving them my number, but I am not sure I can do the same at Admirals Clubs. The only reason I care is that I am going to be in SJU on Thursday and was hoping to use the AA Club there.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by WhatTheMiguel
How long does it normally take to get the US Club Card mailed to you? I signed up on March 22nd, and still don't have a card. I have been able to use US Clubs by just giving them my number, but I am not sure I can do the same at Admirals Clubs. The only reason I care is that I am going to be in SJU on Thursday and was hoping to use the AA Club there.
Stop at US Club in DCA before you leave (assuming your profile is correct) and have them print out the club receipt and you should be fine.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by iztok
Stop at US Club in DCA before you leave (assuming your profile is correct) and have them print out the club receipt and you should be fine.
Thanks, iztok. Good idea. I'll try that if the card doesn't come in time. Weird it's taking so long.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by WhatTheMiguel
Took about 3 weeks to get mine and they overnighted it to me because I asked nicely (and probably because I am Chairman).
Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:04 am

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat
I am totally confused by the new 1W lounge access policy. I am traveling on a US ticket in Y from HNL to the mainland. It appears there is a JAL lounge that AA also operates. Does anyone have experience using a US Club membership there? Of course my card expired 2/28 and they haven't sent a new one yet.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:42 am

Programs: WFBF
Originally Posted by chris4096
I am totally confused by the new 1W lounge access policy. I am traveling on a US ticket in Y from HNL to the mainland. It appears there is a JAL lounge that AA also operates. Does anyone have experience using a US Club membership there? Of course my card expired 2/28 and they haven't sent a new one yet.
US Club membership gets you access to US Clubs and AA Admirals Clubs. It does not get you access to lounges of other OW carriers. For those you need to be traveling international on a OW airline (not necessarily the same airline whose lounge you're visiting) and be either in F/J on the flight or have status which grants OW Sapphire or OW Emerald (exact status will determine the set of lounges you have access to).

This is basically the same situation as under *A, where you needed Star Gold for lounge access outside of US/UA lounges, except OW has more tiers and differentiates some of its lounges based on that.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
...I am traveling on a US ticket in Y from HNL to the mainland. It appears there is a JAL lounge that AA also operates. Does anyone have experience using a US Club membership there? ...
According to AA website page: US Airways Club Members May Access These Admirals Club Locations ...

Honolulu, Hawaii (HNL)
Honolulu International Airport - Shared with Japan Airlines (Sakura Lounge)

In central lobby of overseas terminal, across from central security checkpoint and Ralph Lauren retail store, located on 3rd floor above Kona Brewing restaurant
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by ubernostrum
This is basically the same situation as under *A, where you needed Star Gold for lounge access outside of US/UA lounges, except OW has more tiers and differentiates some of its lounges based on that.
No, this is NOT the same as *A.

As a US Club member you could go to say LH lounge in USA and as US Gold and above you could go in one as well even on domestic flight.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
I am traveling on a US ticket in Y from HNL to the mainland. It appears there is a JAL lounge that AA also operates. Does anyone have experience using a US Club membership there? Of course my card expired 2/28 and they haven't sent a new one yet.
I used my US Club membership there in January and February while flying through on UA. The ladies at the desk were so nice that I imagine they would call or check the system to verify you have a current membership since your card is expired.

Oh and it was a nice club with serve yourself cocktails.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
First time I have been in the CLT C/D Club since the excommunication of the AMEX members this morning.

When the wife and I walked in at 6:30AM there could not have been more that 20 peeps total in the club.

When we left at 8:40 to catch our flight there was probably 75 or so folks in total.

It was a noticeable difference from previous times I had been in the club about the same time and you could hardly find a seat.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Platinum, and assorted hotel loyalty schemes.
Renewed yesterday by calling club services. I initially said, "I will still get 5000 PQMs, right?" CSA said, "no, that expired." When I pointed out that I still had the email with the May 31 deadline she gave me my PQMs and they were posted before we got off the phone. When in doubt, call.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by MEABFlyer
When I pointed out that I still had the email with the May 31 deadline she gave me my PQMs and they were posted before we got off the phone. When in doubt, call.
Same thing here. Good move, US. ^
Old Apr 28, 2014, 3:50 pm

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post, but just want to report, I received the "new" club card with oneworld logo and everything (replacing the yellow card with the *A logo on it). It is now under new American, but still lists both Admiral Club and US Air Club.

Ironically this card is of the best quality card that US has put out.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by radiowell
Not sure if this is the correct thread to post, but just want to report, I received the "new" club card with oneworld logo and everything (replacing the yellow card with the *A logo on it). It is now under new American, but still lists both Admiral Club and US Air Club.

Ironically this card is of the best quality card that US has put out.
I just got mine today and was surprised that they reissued it. I figured the other one was still good enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.