Lifetime status with 1 million miles?

Old Oct 28, 2011, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Platinum AA, Silver United
Lifetime status with 1 million miles?

Does US offer lifetime status with 1 million miles? If so what status is achieved?
Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:02 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairmans Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum/,Lifetime Silver Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by jsc708
Does US offer lifetime status with 1 million miles? If so what status is achieved?
Thanks!

Million mile flyers
When you fly one million miles with US, we'll upgrade you to Silver Preferred for as long as you remain an active Dividend Miles member.*** To keep your account active, just earn or redeem miles with US Airways or our partners within a consecutive 3-year period.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Correct, Silver for life. I think I passed 2M but had no indication of any higher level.

Million Mile Flyers
When you fly one million miles with US, we'll upgrade you to Silver Preferred for as long as you remain an active Dividend Miles member.*** To keep your account active, just earn or redeem miles with US Airways or our partners within a consecutive 3-year period.
I suspect the 3-year period is a left over from when it used to be that. It's been 18 months for nearly 5 years. They'll get around to updating it some day.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:17 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
I think the 1mil miles have to be flown on US airways ONLY!!
Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:16 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by CPRich
Correct, Silver for life. I think I passed 2M but had no indication of any higher level.

Million Mile Flyers

I suspect the 3-year period is a left over from when it used to be that. It's been 18 months for nearly 5 years. They'll get around to updating it some day.
The miles expire in 18 months but the account itself isn't closed for 3 years.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 7:09 am

Programs: I fly too much and stay at too many hotels
Originally Posted by Nikolaos
I think the 1mil miles have to be flown on US airways ONLY!!
Yes, and butt in seat miles only, no credit card or ancillary miles. Now that AA has confirmed/consolidated its million miler program, and several of the other carriers have existing programs, it is a shame that US doesn't beef theirs up a little. I think 1mm flown miles ought to count for at least lifetime gold since there are four levels and you can get silver free just about anywhere.

It is also a little tricky to find your LT miles. US does not post these to your account. It takes a phone call, sometimes a couple, to get an updated balance.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 12:41 pm

At least they should count all PQMs, not just those from US flights.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 3:04 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, SQ Krisflyer PPS, UA 1p, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, American EXP
They did get some things right. They made qualifying hard they only count US miles on US metal. I think they only count actual miles not minimum segment miles. And they do not count anything else. I view all of these things as US getting it right.
Then they do some things wrong.
Lifetime status that can expire before you do, 18 months or 36 months it is just silly.
Hard to accomplish minimum return on your investment in time and money(Silver Status lowest they can provide).

To bad US just when you do something right you screw it up.

Things a lifetime member should get (IMHO, many others here disagree with me):
1) Miles that never Expire
2) Lifetime status that only expires when I expire
3) A value equal to what the passenger provided the airline over all those years, I am saying something greater that Silver. In my opinion much greater, most of these people have been CP for years and will continue being CP. So it does not change the real FF program benefits all that much (as in devaluing the program with so many new CP members who did not earn it).
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by brobab
I think 1mm flown miles ought to count for at least lifetime gold since there are four levels and you can get silver free just about anywhere.
Where do you get "silver free just about anywhere?"

I know the Centurion gives you Platinum, but other than that there is no way to get status just with a credit card or easy offer. This is of course excluding just buying up or trial preferred with one MR.

Am I missing something big?
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: None
Between CP nominations and now the Special Dividends free trial nomination there are a good number of Silver opportunities floating around. Don't know how many get traded in Coupon Connection but there's the occasional offer or request here.

Jim
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:49 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by swanscn:17367524
Lifetime status that can expire before you do, 18 months or 36 months it is just silly.
I don't worry about that too much, since any activity resets the clock..at least for now!!
Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:58 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by swanscn
They did get some things right. They made qualifying hard they only count US miles on US metal. I think they only count actual miles not minimum segment miles. And they do not count anything else. I view all of these things as US getting it right.
Then they do some things wrong.
Hard to accomplish minimum return on your investment in time and money(Silver Status lowest they can provide).

To bad US just when you do something right you screw it up.

Things a lifetime member should get (IMHO, many others here disagree with me):
1) Miles that never Expire
2) Lifetime status that only expires when I expire
3) A value equal to what the passenger provided the airline over all those years, I am saying something greater that Silver. In my opinion much greater, most of these people have been CP for years and will continue being CP. So it does not change the real FF program benefits all that much (as in devaluing the program with so many new CP members who did not earn it).
With such stringent qualification requirements, I think they should be a bit more generous. I'd like to see 1MM equal gold status, with platinum for 2MM and chairman's at 3MM (or 4MM).

They don't compare well to UA/CO or DL(NW) because of the lack of international reach - particularly Asia, South America, and the Middle East, so it's inherently much more difficult for many people to earn MM status on US versus the competition.

When you figure AA granted lifetime status for CC usage (among other activities), and I believe both CO (now UA) and DL granted credit towards lifetime status for non-BIS miles, US looks positively stingy by comparison.

As to your other suggestions - I don't care too much about mileage expiration - I agree it could be easy to forget when you slow or stop traveling, but it's not at all hard to have some activity at least once every 18 months. It would be great if they included that as a benefit - kind of a "you took the time to fly US, now take all the time you need..." deal.

I agree that the MM gifted status should be for the lifetime of the person.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 2:38 pm

Programs: US CP and 1MM; HILTON DIAMOND; MARRIOTT PLAT
How do you find out how many "qualifying" or "super qualifying" or whatever you want to call them miles on US?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by matthans
How do you find out how many "qualifying" or "super qualifying" or whatever you want to call them miles on US?
Apparently the only way is to call. I assume that is either your elite line or if you don't have elite status, general reservations. I suppose it could also be the Dividend Miles Service Center (DMSC).
Old Nov 2, 2011, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Between CP nominations and now the Special Dividends free trial nomination there are a good number of Silver opportunities floating around. Don't know how many get traded in Coupon Connection but there's the occasional offer or request here.

Jim
I was wondering what we do with our silvers to give out, is there a legit way to sell or trade it when we get it. I gave my trial silver to one of my best friends but am coming close to my special dividends full silver membership.

Where is this coupon connection? I dont see it, i searched on google and found minimal information about it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.