Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by cdepks
Need help sorting out these seat maps. SeatGuru has exit rows on the CRJ-900 as 16 & 17, US web site seat map has 4 exit rows, 13 through 16. Any help on which row actually has the most leg room? Thanks.... (And I know up front has been reconfigured, but it is also full on the flights I need.)
At this time, an 86Y configuration emergency exit rows are 15 & 16 (14 can partially lumped in due to the recline being locked out).

1 in service CR9 has the new 9F70Y dual-class cabin and the exit rows (as listed on the modification documentation) are shown as 13 & 14. may actually be listed as rows 14 & 15 depending on use of row 13 designation.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by CLTmech
At this time, an 86Y configuration emergency exit rows are 15 & 16 (14 can partially lumped in due to the recline being locked out).

1 in service CR9 has the new 9F70Y dual-class cabin and the exit rows (as listed on the modification documentation) are shown as 13 & 14. may actually be listed as rows 14 & 15 depending on use of row 13 designation.
So to update my question as I am booking now (PHX-SAT), US site that shows exit rows as 13 & 14 is correct? Seatguru showing 15 & 16 is incorrect? Thanks....
Old Jan 8, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
So to update my question as I am booking now (PHX-SAT), US site that shows exit rows as 13 & 14 is correct? Seatguru showing 15 & 16 is incorrect? Thanks....
I can't be 100% certain since I've only been in first on the reconfigured CR9, but I'd believe the US web site over Seatguru, particularly as it relates to exit row eligibility.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
The exits are 13 and 14 in the new CR-9. 14 has recline.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:04 am

With the change to F/Y cabins complete the exit rows are 13/14 for all CR9s. Seatguru will need to update their seat plans. Rows 12 & 13 do not recline, and row 14 (last emerg exit) does recline.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 10:21 am

Ok, here's some photos taken today (while I was supposed to be finishing something else) that show row 13 and 14 as the exit rows. Unless Seatguru has updated since you last posted, it is wrong...

Old Feb 6, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold
Is row 4 any good on this plane. I have a flight coming up that I didn't clear a first upgrade on and would like to know if I should reserve row 4 or one of the exit rows.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 4:34 pm

Programs: CO, UA, SPG
Row 4 is a good choice. The "bulkhead" is just a curtain that goes halfway down to the floor. There is extra legroom, and you can put things underneath the F seats in front of you. The only downside is the armrest tray table, which is smaller than a fold-down, and seems to take up a little more seat space than a normal armrest.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 9:49 am

Lightbulb Best seats in FC on CRJ 900 - US Air Express

Having just flown two legs in CRJ's - CLT-LIT and back, I got upgraded on both flights. First leg was CLT-LIT, and I choose 3A - last row in FC - single on right. There were as total of 9 FC seats in a 2-1 config.The seat was quite comfortable, plenty of stretch out leg room (I'm 6' 4"). Big space to row 4, so easy recline.

On second leg, equipment listed was CRJ 700, and US Air map showed same same FC config as 900. I was worried it was a smaller plane, so I chose 1A to be safe. The FC section was in fact 3 rows of 2-1; seat 3A would have been better. 1A 's leg room was somewhat limited by the bulkhead.

Both seats were definite improvements from my old standby exit rows with the horrible seats.

Apparently the configs on United Express for these two planes are somewhat different. SeatGuru was no help, not showing and FC seating.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: None
I think UA also puts a E+ section in those planes, so the FC configuration may well be different. For US, I believe that every RJ with FC will have 3 full rows of FC. One airplane type will have an extra row on the single seat side for 10 FC seats total and the rest will be 9 FC seats.

Jim
Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:54 am

Weight/Balance ?

Is there a weight/balance issue on CRJ900? (I assume the blanket answer is that there is a W/B issue on any aircraft), but more specifically, I just scored an upgrade Wednesday PHX-SAT. I was given 1F, 1A is the only other seat take in F. As I am SP, I assume any upgrades have cleared by now. First, it seems very unusual for F to be so empty, but I switched my seat to 2A to get the single side. Looking at the seat map now with only 1A and 2A taken in F, it made me think there may be a weigh issue....any thoughts?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:04 am

Per the employee site all three CRJ900 flights are pretty full - the first flight has only 1 coach seat available and FC is full. Only the last of the 3 has over 2 FC seats available and coach is full on both the 2nd and 3rd flights. So it seems to be that most passengers that would pay for or upgrade to FC want an earlier flight.

Jim
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Per the employee site all three CRJ900 flights are pretty full - the first flight has only 1 coach seat available and FC is full. Only the last of the 3 has over 2 FC seats available and coach is full on both the 2nd and 3rd flights. So it seems to be that most passengers that would pay for or upgrade to FC want an earlier flight.

Jim
Good point, I forgot to take into account on a "dummy" booking there may be far fewer seats available than are shown as open due to those without seat assignments. I am on the later one, but I doubt there are 7 open in F like it shows....
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:19 am

At the moment I checked, the employee site should be accurate since it uses bookings. Admittedly, the number in each cabin depends on seat assignments for elites upgrading and paid Y/B fare passengers - before an upgrade goes through or the Y/B fare upgrade is processed they'd be included in the coach total and afterwards in the FC total. But paid FC would show in the FC total even if they didn't have a seat assignment.

As always, FC may fill up if they're holding those open FC seats for sale and turn them loose later since some of the coach passengers could still be upgraded.

Jim
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:42 am

Let me make that a little clearer...

The employee site shows 2 numbers for seats available based on bookings - X in FC and Y in coach (assuming a 2 class aircraft). Not specific seats, just the number of open seats based on bookings. Those that book coach (seat assignment or not) but are eligible for upgrades - elites and Y/B coach fare - are used to calculate the coach "seats available" until they upgrade, at which point they change the FC and coach "seats available" - decreasing the former and increasing the latter.

Your particular flight, when I checked, showed 7 FC seats available (with 9 installed it means 2 taken) and 0 coach available (booked full or oversold). Anyone upgrading after I checked would change those numbers - reducing FC seats available and increasing coach seats available (unless the flight is overbooked).

So seat assignment doesn't play a role - nowhere does it say which seats are assigned, only how many are not booked. For the employee site, upgrades are treated as being rebooked from coach to FC.

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.