Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways miles expiring, how/when keep/reinstate them (merged)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2007, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL Silver
Originally Posted by gobucs007
thank you! it's only 10DM when i signed up, but so long as some activity goes on there!
Great suggestion! In spite of my reply to Spacebass's post elsewhere in this forum, I've got a few thousand points I'd like to hang on to. This seems pretty painless.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 4:23 pm

Old Feb 27, 2007, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by CPRich
Browsing through the skymall to keep my 7-year-old's miles from expiring, I found iTunes at $0.99 or a pencil from OfficeMax at $0.99 with free shipping. My only concern is that my friends at the McAirline will stiff my on the 1 mile as it's only 99 cents. They've shown that they are good at truncating vs. rounding in the past.
This just reminded me! My 50 cent flight never appeared on my Juniper card (which is fine), but this cheated me out of 1.5 miles due to the 3:1 rule for airline ticket purchases.

#include < standard query about undeserved compensation >
Old Feb 27, 2007, 9:09 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
I just did this for '10 miles' and says it will post within 7 business days.

Seems January 31st is a big cut off day for miles to expire... If the activity in the account is for January 30th but doesn't post till February 2nd, think that will be sufficient? I am doing a print screen of the current mileage in case I need it later

I signed my wife up about a month ago and she never got these 10 DM... sad thing is she's just lost over 50K miles thanks to this. Tempe finally got around to doing a sweep. How many other have lost miles??
Old Feb 28, 2007, 1:38 am

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by jimcfsus
I signed my wife up about a month ago and she never got these 10 DM... sad thing is she's just lost over 50K miles thanks to this. Tempe finally got around to doing a sweep. How many other have lost miles??
My husband just lost all his miles thanks to his iTunes miles not posting. We only discovered this last night and we're debating where to begin to try to remedy this. Good luck with your lost miles!
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:04 pm

in case anyone searches to find this thread. I used points.com to save my father's miles. got 10 points after signing him up - took about 2 hours to post, but I had to create a login for him at the usair site (he originally joined in 1985 way before websites so never had a login). Until points.com shows the milage amount for the account, the account isn't verified and miles won't post.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by repinCharlotte
www.usairways.rewardsnetwork.com

Its free and easy

Next time you grab lunch or dinner or even just a drink check the listings for restaurants and bars.

You can earn miles and keep your account from expiring.
I recently signed up for the dining program because I was also in danger of having my miles expire (actually, I was way past 18 months, but they let me slide) and had exhausted many of the other options described here (sidebar: e Rewards is definitely not a good quick fix).

Most of the restaurants in their dining program are places that I wouldn't dream of going to, but there is one exception that everyone can afford: Burger King; a single order of small fries kept my miles alive.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:20 pm

Miles in your account have been forfeited due to inactivity

My Miles have been forfeited due to inactivity. I had activity on my america west account , but not the usair acount. thought they merged it...

I know that I can reinstate these miles by earning miles by 11/1/2010 with their credit cards, so I applied...,

Does the debit card work or Dividend Miles Shopping Mall work as well??
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, US CP, HH Diamond, MR Gold,BW Diamond
Before you get mad at US Airways. When was the last time you had activity in your "America West" account? If its been a while, then they were well within their rules to remove the miles. You can only reactivate the miles based on what they are telling you. Its my understanding that other forms of activity won't do the trick.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:31 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I got a letter saying that I had miles that were going to forfeit due to inactivity last week. It was like 12,000 miles that never merged during the HP/US Air merger. I was able to get them to combine my accounts. I just had to have activity very soon to keep them active. Luckily I got the mailer about these miles before they expired. It was like found money.. A nice gift if you will.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I got a letter saying that I had miles that were going to forfeit due to inactivity last week. It was like 12,000 miles that never merged during the HP/US Air merger. I was able to get them to combine my accounts. I just had to have activity very soon to keep them active. Luckily I got the mailer about these miles before they expired. It was like found money.. A nice gift if you will.
No mailer for me. I thought the merger was automatic, now I'm out 49K miles. I flew USairways last month posted to my old Americawest account.

so will merging my old US and AmericaWest accounts work to get back the forfeited miles as well?
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:47 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by vickh
No mailer for me. I thought the merger was automatic, now I'm out 49K miles. I flew USairways last month posted to my old Americawest account.

so will merging my old US and AmericaWest accounts work to get back the forfeited miles as well?
I would give them a call. Tell them that you were unaware that you actually had two accounts going. They should let you merge the accounts as long as the information matches.. THey may or may not help. I had pretty good luck.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 10:35 am

Programs: US Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, DL/NWA dirt, AA dirt
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
You can sign up for the dividend dining program register an existing cc and dine at one of the places listed on the website. You earn miles that way very easy.

However just note that they can take up to a week to post the miles.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by jpchan
You can sign up for the dividend dining program register an existing cc and dine at one of the places listed on the website. You earn miles that way very easy.

However just note that they can take up to a week to post the miles.
Thanks! I'll do that Were your miles forfieted?

so does any activity reinstate miles?
Old Jul 11, 2009, 11:45 am
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, US CP, HH Diamond, MR Gold,BW Diamond
Originally Posted by vickh
Thanks! I'll do that Were your miles forfieted?

so does any activity reinstate miles?
Only the activity they "offer" you is what will get your miles reinstated. The activity the other poster mentioned would be a very easy way to keep the account active.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.