Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Legacy US Airways "East" "Transatlantic" ETOPS version of Boeing 757-200 (B75E)

Up front: This aircraft had three rows of 2 x 2 "Envoy" class 60" pitch, 19.5" wide angled flat seats in 2 x 2 configuration (12 seats).

Originally Posted by arc727
4 Dec 2017 So, interestingly enough, there are no more 757s flying around in the "East" configuration. The last one, N941UW, was retired just a few days ago. Meanwhile, N939UW and N206UW were converted to the "Hawaii" configuration with domestic First seats.
Link to SeatGuru seating chart.

Seat 1-C from aztimm
  • Seat 3A is said to have impaired recline

• 3D will usually be blocked for the PNF (Pilot Not Flying) on transatlantic flights.

• The forward cabin has one lav forward and port (left).

In Economy: Mostly 32" pitch, 17" width seats in 3 x 3 configuration (170 seats).

The good:
  • The greatest seat pitch is in 7A, B, C and F, with no seats close in front of these because of the exit row. 6C and D are in midst of the exit row.

• Row 24 are exit row seats with great seat pitch.

• All these are narrower, with immovable arm rests holding the folded tray tabe. Exit row seats can be colder. Under seat bags may be restricted in the seats in front of you.
The bad:
  • Row 23 is against the aft bulkhead in this cabin section, against the lavs; they do not recline.

• Row 32 is the last row and close to the galley and it's attendant noise.
Beginning in April 2018, the B75Es will be put on mainland - Hawaii runs where 757-200s are used; the existing B75H will be returned to their lessor. (Thanks to TWA884 - see here.)

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP Gold 100K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
What domestic routes have these been popping up on? Any through PHX?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 5:35 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
The US 757-200 (European version) [master thread]

The european 757 rarely flies out West. There was one PHL-PHX-HNL flight operated by it but I believe that has switched back to the standard config.

It can be found flying between PHL and CLT as well as to Caribbean locations like SJU, AUA, STT, etc.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 6:15 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Barbella7
There's usually 1 scheduled per day. Right now it looks like 1197/1194 is an East 757. It appears to stay overnight, but I'm not sure where else it goes while out west.

This has been like this for about 2 years, that there's 1 East 757 mixed in with the PHL-PHX flights.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by Barbella7
Ironically, I have been on them the last 2 weeks for CLT-BWI and back.
In the past, I have also seen them TPA to either CLT or PHL, cant remember which.

While I love the recline, I find them awfully narrow and the tray tends to sit on my legs?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
I can get an award routing LAX-PHL-GLA in Envoy, in lieu of going LAX-ORD-LHR in C on UA, and then using a separate BA award to Glasgow or Aberdeen.

Would most of you consider the convenience of the US nonstop worth the downgrade from UA new C to US?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 9:38 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by CO FF
I can get an award routing LAX-PHL-GLA in Envoy, in lieu of going LAX-ORD-LHR in C on UA, and then using a separate BA award to Glasgow or Aberdeen.

Would most of you consider the convenience of the US nonstop worth the downgrade from UA new C to US?
Not unless I had CP certs that were about to expire with no better option. An Envoy barcolounger on a 752? No way I'd cough up the extra $$$ or miles, especially not when I could probably end up with an empty block of three in coach and sleep on a surface that's actually flat.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 7:54 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The US 757-200 (European version) [master thread]

It would depend on the total trip time from LAX to Aberdeen. If going on UA adds an hour or two, then it wouldn't make a big difference. And, are you guaranteed new UA C on the ORD-LHR route?

Is PHL-MAN or PHL-LHR available? Those are virtually guaranteed to be Envoy suites with the lie flat seating as long as they don't get downgraded to a 757/767.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Thanks, all - but when Mrs. CO FF heard me mention that I might consider flying US for part of our 25th Anniversary vacation, she mentioned divorce...

LAX-ORD UA 757 F / ORD-LHR UA 777 C -- 2 saver awards, 50k miles each
LHR-ABZ BA 320 Y -- 4500 Avios points each.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 6:20 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Please advise:

I have never been to Britain except 1 plane change in LHR. My choice if I decide to attend the Edinburgh Fringe in Aug. 2013 as the beginning of a grand tour of Europe:
1. CHS--ewr--EDI/UA : Most convenient but UA refuses to cough up Saver availability in either Y or Biz.
2. CHS--phl--GLA/ US: Available for my date range in Envoy @ 50K UA miles 1-way. I probably would spend 2 days in Glasgow before taking the 45-minute train ride to Edinburgh.
On both the above, the TATL is a 757-200.
3. CHS--mia--lhr/AA--EDI/BA using 45K CX miles in Biz (no YQ??) + 4500 Avios: Inconveniently takes 6 hours longer due to backtracking + wait in LHR, but I have more OneWorld miles than *A miles! Also, MIA--LHR/AA is on a 777.

I have also considered getting a separate CHS--IAD/PHL/EWR on UA or US, then connecting --LHR--EDI on BA, but I don't wan't to waste $414 on YQ !

After this I shall fly 5--7 days later onward to Nice, France using BA Avios.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by Brendan
Please advise:

I have also considered getting a separate CHS--IAD/PHL/EWR on UA or US, then connecting --LHR--EDI on BA, but I don't wan't to waste $414 on YQ
Just be aware of the potential danger of doing this. Technically, if you misconnect neither carrier is responsible for getting you to EDI - the carrier for the domestic portion has fulfilled their responsibility when you arrive at the last airport on that ticket and you've missed you EDI flight leaving that carrier with no responsibility.

In practice, the TA carrier would possibly accommodate you on their next available flight, but that could mean at least a day delay and possibly longer.

Jim
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Thanks BoeingBoy!

Last edited by Brendan; Dec 23, 2012 at 11:19 am Reason: I misread BoeingBoy's post the first time!
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: None
I just noticed a bad choice of words in the last sentence of my reply. UA would almost certainly accommodate you on the next available flight (the next UA flight with seats available) if you explained what happened. I have no idea about BA's policies but would be surprises if the same wasn't at least a possibility.

Jim
Old Jan 12, 2013, 5:16 am

Programs: Hhonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
PHL-AMS 757-200 How bad in coach?

So I just got an award trip booked for march to AMS, outbound is on US 757-200. I did not even think they used these planes for any long hauls.

Is this plane laid out the same as the domestic ver? I went to seat Guru and there are 4 versions of this plane listed for US. It seems this is either Ver 3 or Ver 4. Right now we are in row 4 bulk head, but I may change this, Usually I do not sit in bulk head rows due to the lack of leg room.

It also looks like no personal entertainment either. Any info would be great. I am tempted to try and redo this part of the trip on another carrier.

TT

Last edited by Techtravler; Jan 12, 2013 at 5:26 am
Old Jan 12, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
We flew this last summer in coach. Ugh. But you are wise to stick with the bulkhead as far as I am concerned. I did not want to pay for the upgrade to Envoy on that aircraft, but if it was an A330, I would have paid for GoEnvoy. My advice is ... wine or sleeping pills, or both (in moderation, of course).
Old Jan 12, 2013, 8:29 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's basically the Hawaii version and the Envoy/Transatlantic version. But there is a slight variation in some of the TA birds in the first few rows.

Best advice:
Coach row 6D an 6E are great (there is no 6F)
Then, in order of preference: 7C, 7B and anything in 24.
All the above have fantastic legroom. The row 4 bulkhead seats may feel cramped...

US(and many airlines) have been flying 757's across the Atlantic for quite some time. Continental was an early trailblazer of this practice. PHL-AMS is not a horribly long trip. Bring an iPad loaded with some movies, take a nap for a few hours and you'll be there in no time. I've never felt like I missed out on a great upgrade when I've been seated in a seat like 6D.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.