Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Legacy US Airways "East" "Transatlantic" ETOPS version of Boeing 757-200 (B75E)

Up front: This aircraft had three rows of 2 x 2 "Envoy" class 60" pitch, 19.5" wide angled flat seats in 2 x 2 configuration (12 seats).

Originally Posted by arc727
4 Dec 2017 So, interestingly enough, there are no more 757s flying around in the "East" configuration. The last one, N941UW, was retired just a few days ago. Meanwhile, N939UW and N206UW were converted to the "Hawaii" configuration with domestic First seats.
Link to SeatGuru seating chart.

Seat 1-C from aztimm
  • Seat 3A is said to have impaired recline

• 3D will usually be blocked for the PNF (Pilot Not Flying) on transatlantic flights.

• The forward cabin has one lav forward and port (left).

In Economy: Mostly 32" pitch, 17" width seats in 3 x 3 configuration (170 seats).

The good:
  • The greatest seat pitch is in 7A, B, C and F, with no seats close in front of these because of the exit row. 6C and D are in midst of the exit row.

• Row 24 are exit row seats with great seat pitch.

• All these are narrower, with immovable arm rests holding the folded tray tabe. Exit row seats can be colder. Under seat bags may be restricted in the seats in front of you.
The bad:
  • Row 23 is against the aft bulkhead in this cabin section, against the lavs; they do not recline.

• Row 32 is the last row and close to the galley and it's attendant noise.
Beginning in April 2018, the B75Es will be put on mainland - Hawaii runs where 757-200s are used; the existing B75H will be returned to their lessor. (Thanks to TWA884 - see here.)

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bripilot34
On the flip side, I did score the A330-300 for the return trip as some of the seasonals to Europe out of PHL are done soon. So already got my nice 2 seat config so we'll both happy. Not holding my breath for a free Envoy upgrade (presume I'll have to "Go-Envoy"). But for this trip, if the price is right I'll do it.

Seasoned traveler, but new to FlyerTalk so hopeful to provide some perspective on my frequent travels to the group. Thanks for the help!
Welcome to Flyertalk, Bripilot34!

Unfortunately I can't help with the 757 question, I've only flew them in F. They use the old cradle Envoy seat, which is perfect for lounging. Fingers crossed you score an upgrade.

However on your return flight you'll still be eligible for upgrades. Even though the flight is operated by an A333, it's still considered regular first class for US Airways. Potentially this could be an easier upgrade since there are 28 suites, compared to 16 seats in an A321.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 10:34 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by Bripilot34
I keep reading that 6 D/E are the way to go in this 757 config. Do you guys agree? I'm willing to sacrifice the window view to have the 2 seat config w/ extra leg room and give her the aisle. Is there a window view here or is just the door? What's proximity to lav like?
Yes, if you are traveling as a couple...by far 6DE are perfect. However, to the right of 6E is a space and then the exit door 2R so there isn't really a window view. A small sacrifice for 2 isolated seats with tons of leg room, IMHO.

The lav proximity depends on the ultimate 757 you get. It may be right ahead of the 2L door, or it may be behind you mid cabin. But the only other good leg room seating option, row 24, will 100% have the lav traffic (and more because there are 2).
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:57 am

Hi,

I have a TATL in Y coming up on a US 757 and having never been on a US 757 I have a few seating questions.

I am currently in 7F on the overnight and 6D on the daytime return. for the overnight I have choice of row 24 (there's no row 23ABC) but I understand these to be right behind the lavs. or 7E.

For the daytime return 7 ABC-DEF and 6DE are all open. There is no row 5 ABC.

It would appear that I am on version 3, as per seatguru.

Is 7F a decent seat for the overnight?

is 6D preferred over 7C for the daytime flight?

thanks.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:36 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

7F is ok since your legs can stretch freely where there's no 6F (instead, there's full size door).

7C is fine once boarding is done and people aren't stepping on or rolling bags over your feet.

6D is my favorite seat all around since I don't care one way or another about being next to a window.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Mod note:

I moved several posted from this thread over to our AA/US Fleet Discussion thread in the AA Consolidated forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...iscussion.html

Please keep this thread to just the US 757-200, questions/answers such as which seat is best/quietest/etc.

Thanks.

aztimm
Old Oct 13, 2014, 7:36 am

US Airways 757-200 with 10 F Seats

Hi,

I am flying Flt. # 757 PHL-SJU on a 757-200 on October 15th and the seating map only shows 10 first class seats with 3 DF missing. Is there such a 757-200 configuration or may this be a glitch?

Thanks
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
You seem to be flying B752v3. There are 12 seats but two don't show (blocked).
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:47 am

Ok I'm so confused about which seat is actually in F on this plane.

I'm flying F PHX-PHL Nov 26. Seat map shows 3 Rows F, with 3D/3F blocked for crew rest. My understanding is this is one of the "International" config Envoy 75's (and presumably the best of the US 757 configs?)

I've scoured Google and seen both an old rounded cradle-style embellished recliner, an oldish AA angled-style Envoy seat and of course the newer Cirrus seat (which I know is not on this plane).

Does anyone have a recent photo?

Of course SeatGuru suggests there is DC power and in-seat entertainment. Any of this true?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by tigerhunt2011
Ok I'm so confused about which seat is actually in F on this plane.

I'm flying F PHX-PHL Nov 26. Seat map shows 3 Rows F, with 3D/3F blocked for crew rest. My understanding is this is one of the "International" config Envoy 75's (and presumably the best of the US 757 configs?)

I've scoured Google and seen both an old rounded cradle-style embellished recliner, an oldish AA angled-style Envoy seat and of course the newer Cirrus seat (which I know is not on this plane).

Does anyone have a recent photo?

Of course SeatGuru suggests there is DC power and in-seat entertainment. Any of this true?
Photo of the seat

Photo of very old school IFE although this has apparently been replaced by a Samsung Galaxy Tab

The International Config 752s are the only one with Envoy seats. They have 160 degree recline - see link above to US Airways site and click on the "757" tab.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: WFBF
Originally Posted by iztok
You seem to be flying B752v3. There are 12 seats but two don't show (blocked).
Specifically, those seats are held for crew rest.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:54 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ubernostrum
Specifically, those seats are held for crew rest.
They will be released usually within 24 hours of the flight for trips that don't require crew rest. And it's normally just 3D, not both 3D and 3F, that gets blocked.

Some of the flights to the islands block the seat for crew rest because the same crew flies down and back in the same day since it's still within their duty limits (Aruba comes to mind). It's a nice trip for senior crew members who want to minimize overnights away from home.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:56 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tigerhunt2011

it's the recliner. The US 757 never had an angled lie flat seat like the current AA 75L fleet does.

There is a standard AC outlet to power your gadgets. No need for an adaptor. The in seat entertainment is a tablet/portable AVOD unit they will hand out after departure.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by PHL
They will be released usually within 24 hours of the flight for trips that don't require crew rest. And it's normally just 3D, not both 3D and 3F, that gets blocked.

Some of the flights to the islands block the seat for crew rest because the same crew flies down and back in the same day since it's still within their duty limits (Aruba comes to mind). It's a nice trip for senior crew members who want to minimize overnights away from home.
Both seats 3D and 3F are now blocked for crew rest on those flights that require an IRO (International Relief Officer). This changed a few months ago, around June or so.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
I just flew the V3 752 from MCO-CLT today. Seats 3D and 3F were blocked on the seat map. I was upgraded at my window, but I didn't get my seat assignment (3F) until OLCI. I was assigned seat "--" until then.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
PHX to PHL flight 1814

I'm looking for some clarity on the seat map for this plane. Seat guru shows 4 rows on the left side and 3 rows on the right. However, when I went to check in there were only 3 on each side. I thought it was a 757-200. I'm deciding between row 3 or the bulkhead (would prefer row 3 for under seat storage). Is there any reason to not choose row 3? I'm just worried about some sort of plane change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.