Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Legacy US Airways "East" "Transatlantic" ETOPS version of Boeing 757-200 (B75E)

Up front: This aircraft had three rows of 2 x 2 "Envoy" class 60" pitch, 19.5" wide angled flat seats in 2 x 2 configuration (12 seats).

Originally Posted by arc727
4 Dec 2017 So, interestingly enough, there are no more 757s flying around in the "East" configuration. The last one, N941UW, was retired just a few days ago. Meanwhile, N939UW and N206UW were converted to the "Hawaii" configuration with domestic First seats.
Link to SeatGuru seating chart.

Seat 1-C from aztimm
  • Seat 3A is said to have impaired recline

• 3D will usually be blocked for the PNF (Pilot Not Flying) on transatlantic flights.

• The forward cabin has one lav forward and port (left).

In Economy: Mostly 32" pitch, 17" width seats in 3 x 3 configuration (170 seats).

The good:
  • The greatest seat pitch is in 7A, B, C and F, with no seats close in front of these because of the exit row. 6C and D are in midst of the exit row.

• Row 24 are exit row seats with great seat pitch.

• All these are narrower, with immovable arm rests holding the folded tray tabe. Exit row seats can be colder. Under seat bags may be restricted in the seats in front of you.
The bad:
  • Row 23 is against the aft bulkhead in this cabin section, against the lavs; they do not recline.

• Row 32 is the last row and close to the galley and it's attendant noise.
Beginning in April 2018, the B75Es will be put on mainland - Hawaii runs where 757-200s are used; the existing B75H will be returned to their lessor. (Thanks to TWA884 - see here.)

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:00 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Do you have all 4 seats in row 1 already assigned to 4 of the 6 in your party? If this is the case, call US and clarify the situation with the remaining seats to see if any more are blocked. You can also double check if the crew rest seat is still used on this route (it may be just the return trip that it gets used, as that's when I recall seeing a pilot use it).
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
Originally Posted by PHL
Do you have all 4 seats in row 1 already assigned to 4 of the 6 in your party? If this is the case, call US and clarify the situation with the remaining seats to see if any more are blocked. You can also double check if the crew rest seat is still used on this route (it may be just the return trip that it gets used, as that's when I recall seeing a pilot use it).
yes I have 4 seats in row 1 and 1 in row 2, with one unassigned..

which reminds me.. would they put the pilot in the bulkhead if all seats were paid for? (i.e. not award seats?)

Last edited by rpk113; Aug 22, 2014 at 1:44 pm
Old Aug 23, 2014, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Gold,, Hilton HHonors Gold
Seat 1A on 757 CLT-DUB

Hi All,

I tried reading through this thread but I am still a bit confused. I am booked in business on US724 from CLT-DUB on Oct 4. It says it is operated by 757. I called US customer services to reserve a seat as I couldn't do it on the website with my assistive technology software. They put me in 1A. I can't figure out if this is a decent seat or not. Do I have to step over someone else to get out of the seat?

any help is much appreciated.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:54 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, 1A is the front row, left window seat. You will have to step over your neighbor to get to the aisle if they are fully reclined.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:56 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rpk113
yes I have 4 seats in row 1 and 1 in row 2, with one unassigned..

which reminds me.. would they put the pilot in the bulkhead if all seats were paid for? (i.e. not award seats?)
On flights requiring a crew rest seat, they will not sell more than 11 up front. But like I said, the PHL-AUA leg may not require a crew rest seat while the AUA-PHL definitely would require it if the same 3 person crew does the trip down and back on the same day.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: AA PLT
Noticed that a 752 rotation has been loaded into the schedule for CLT-ORD-CLT on 03OCT, any ideas why? Replaces a 321, so not an upgauge.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Noticed that a 752 rotation has been loaded into the schedule for CLT-ORD-CLT on 03OCT, any ideas why? Replaces a 321, so not an upgauge.
I bet it's because Doug Parker is personally trying to limit the upgrade chances of AA flyers.

More likely it's coming off a seasonal route and they found it more cost effective to run the 757 on this route, or it freed up a 321 to fly another route the 757 wasn't as well suited for.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by gruss
I bet it's because Doug Parker is personally trying to limit the upgrade chances of AA flyers.

More likely it's coming off a seasonal route and they found it more cost effective to run the 757 on this route, or it freed up a 321 to fly another route the 757 wasn't as well suited for.
The strange thing is that it's only on that day, as far as I can tell -- nothing the day before or after, and nothing the on that day for the previous or following weeks.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by linglingfool
I just flew on a B757 PHL-PHX on Tuesday. Evidently they rotate them into domestic service periodically.

Some general notes:
* There was no WiFi
* I was in 7F, thought it would be like a similar seat on the A321 (10F), but legroom is quite narrow (beyond that standard portion). I was able to walk through and go in front of the seats in 6.
* There was a mid-cabin lav around row 5
* Boarding was through door 2L. Once boarding was complete, seats 7ABC would be decent. No underseat storage though. And first off.

I'm currently scheduled to be on the aircraft again in Nov for PHX-PHL, and PHL-PHX.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm
I just flew on a B757 PHL-PHX on Tuesday. Evidently they rotate them into domestic service periodically.

Some general notes:
* There was no WiFi
* I was in 7F, thought it would be like a similar seat on the A321 (10F), but legroom is quite narrow (beyond that standard portion). I was able to walk through and go in front of the seats in 6.
* There was a mid-cabin lav around row 5
* Boarding was through door 2L. Once boarding was complete, seats 7ABC would be decent. No underseat storage though. And first off.

I'm currently scheduled to be on the aircraft again in Nov for PHX-PHL, and PHL-PHX.
Thanks for the info. Perhaps these are the spares they use when they've got an A or a B check scheduled for a 321.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Last winter, they did this to shuttle a transatlantic-configured 757 over to PHX-Hawaii runs to provide more capacity as Hawaii sees traffic increase during the winter European low season. The PHX-PHL flights were a way to move them back and forth while remaining in revenue service.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: AA-EXP Hilton Honors-PLT Admirals Club
removed

Last edited by valuepac; Aug 30, 2014 at 10:26 am Reason: duplicate post
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: AA-EXP Hilton Honors-PLT Admirals Club
How is row 24, I will be flying from CLT-dub... should I change to row 6? How is the recline on each of these rows?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:35 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by valuepac
How is row 24, I will be flying from CLT-dub... should I change to row 6? How is the recline on each of these rows?
If you're flying as a couple, 6DE are the best IMHO. There is no 6F so you have your own 2 seats.

All the seats in 24 have good legroom but you're near the lav where people will congregate while queuing up for the bathroom. 24A has a standard electrical outlet ahead of it (right of the door), which some have claimed to use successfully.

It's typically used to power vacuums and other cleaning crew equipment when the plane is on the ground so this is no way an encouragement to use it....
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: US Silver Preferred, Hyatt Platinum, Omni Select Guest Platinum, Hilton Hhonors Silver
Question Looking for some seat guidance on 757-200 (v3)

Quick question for the group... I'm a seasoned US Silver flyer but typically most of my travels are solo, 2-3x per month and on business..and mostly in 321s, 319s or EMB 175's/190's. My wife and I are booked PHL-CUN on 11/13 (our 1st trip in 14 years without our kids, so I'm trying to contain my excitement). Our flight was just switched from a 321 to a 757-2...looks to be the v3 config you find on seat guru w/ 31 rows .

My wife loves the aisle, I love the window...while my fingers are crossed for an upgrade, I'm not holding my breath. With that said, I keep reading that 6 D/E are the way to go in this 757 config. Do you guys agree? I'm willing to sacrifice the window view to have the 2 seat config w/ extra leg room and give her the aisle. Is there a window view here or is just the door? What's proximity to lav like? I feel like this version actually has a closet there and not a lav, but I can't remember? It's been a few months since I've been on the 757 and I was in the Row 4 bulk last time.

I typically frequent 23F in 321, 10F in the 319 and 7F in the 757 because of the lack seat in front of me and the window view, so was considering Row 24 E/F as well, but remember the slide sticking out some.

On the flip side, I did score the A330-300 for the return trip as some of the seasonals to Europe out of PHL are done soon. So already got my nice 2 seat config so we'll both happy. Not holding my breath for a free Envoy upgrade (presume I'll have to "Go-Envoy"). But for this trip, if the price is right I'll do it.

Seasoned traveler, but new to FlyerTalk so hopeful to provide some perspective on my frequent travels to the group. Thanks for the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.