Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Same day change after confirmed upgrade (500 miles)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Hello all and thanks for reading. I have a purchased main cabin ticket, flying SFO-MIA tomorrow. My upgrade was confirmed (500 miles), I'm Platinum (should it matter).

What if I put myself on the waitinglist for a same day flight change?
Might this come with a downgrade? Or will they put me on my new/requested flight only if a business seat is available?

Thanks!!
Old Mar 7, 2020, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Assuming you are actually asking about SDFC, You’d be changed to coach for the new flight. The upgrade would then have to be re-requested. Make sure you request the upgrade again before checking in for the new flight.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA EP
Sometimes when R is avail on ur new flight, the system will now process u into the upgraded class of service

Originally Posted by villainstlucia
Hello all and thanks for reading. I have a purchased main cabin ticket, flying SFO-MIA tomorrow. My upgrade was confirmed (500 miles), I'm Platinum (should it matter).

What if I put myself on the waitinglist for a same day flight change?
Might this come with a downgrade? Or will they put me on my new/requested flight only if a business seat is available?

Thanks!!
E55 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 5:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond for Life
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
Sometimes when R is avail on ur new flight, the system will now process u into the upgraded class of service
It happened for me last week. LAX-ORD. I was upgraded T-18 for my evening flight, but I wanted to get home earlier. I SDFC into a mid-morning flight, and surprisingly, I confirmed into first. To add to the surprise, the originally scheduled 737 was swapped with a 787. Nice!
E55 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 7:26 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by milesandmoremiles
Assuming you are actually asking about SDFC, You’d be changed to coach for the new flight. The upgrade would then have to be re-requested. Make sure you request the upgrade again before checking in for the new flight.
Not necessarily. My last few SDFCs retained the upgrade.
E55 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by milesandmoremiles
Assuming you are actually asking about SDFC, You’d be changed to coach for the new flight.
I've seen this posted so many times on here, and I have never had it happen with a SDFC on a complimentary upgrade. I have always 100% retained the upgrade when I do a confirmed change to a flight that still has FC seats available. It's actually a nice benefit as a Gold flyer, because I can use SDFC for free since I'm now in FC, and not have to ride out the standby game.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.