Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting bumped process?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2011, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Getting bumped process?

Just wondering how this works? after your name is on the list do you wait until everyone boards? Or when they call your zone and start boarding does that mean they do not need anyone?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
If I add my name to the volunteer list, I usually ask if they want me to board or hold back. Most of the time they will say to hold off and wait. Once they get everyone onboard they will then call up those that will be bumped or tell all the volunteers to board as they won't need any volunteers.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
As he said. And it becomes a bit of an annoyance if you have a carry-on suitcase and have to wait 'til the end...== you'll likely have to get it gate-checked.

HTSC
Originally Posted by geo1005
If I add my name to the volunteer list, I usually ask if they want me to board or hold back. Most of the time they will say to hold off and wait. Once they get everyone onboard they will then call up those that will be bumped or tell all the volunteers to board as they won't need any volunteers.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Along these lines, I'm a new club member (jumped on the 3k preferred bonus on 12/30 to put me up a level). I'm assuming they can add your name to the list from the club?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 4:47 pm

Yes, they can add your name to the list at the club (if they know how).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.