Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Million Miler status!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by 29Feb
I believe USAirways "grandfathered" those with continuously active accounts who received the leather million mile luggage tags back in 1996 with this new "Million Mile Flyer" status.
Paging jimcfsus!!!
Old Jan 7, 2011, 7:16 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by SS255
Paging jimcfsus!!!
This is all news to me. I have seen nothing come down the pike yet. However, I'm very interested as I know I have much more activity than 29Feb had after receiving the MM tag.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by mister880
Are people really this upset about Million Miler Status? It didn't even exist a few months ago and nobody really seemed to talk about the lack of it. Now they create something and you guys are just tearing it apart.
This topic has been discussed, many times and by many long-time loyal USAirways/AW/Piedmont/PSA/Allegheny customers long before you became an FT member less than a year ago. While other airlines embraced their long-timers, US gave us either a $10 luggage tag or a $0.98 piece of paper (including postage, "suitable for framing"). After being ignored for so long we just stopped talking about it in the last year.

If you were a waiter/ress, and were stiffed by a regular year after year, would you jump up and down if he/she started leaving a 5% tip?
Old Jan 9, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
1MM already

I have been over a million miler with USAirways but have not received anything in the mail or email.

I am hoping to get life time silver offer soon as I am CHPR for 2011 but sooner or later my travel will stop.

Thanks for posting this.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Do we have anyone here who made lifetime Gold under the HP FlightFund program? Were your grandfathered into DM?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: USAirways CP/1MM; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond
I received this email Dec 15:
"New million mile flyer benefits
Thanks again for flying over one million miles with US and for being a loyal
Dividend Miles Chairman's Preferred member.

You've traveled an extraordinary distance with US, so we’re rewarding you with
Silver Preferred status for the lifetime of your membership. Simply keep your Dividend Miles membership active by earning or redeeming miles with US Airways or our partners within a consecutive 3-year period.

Once again, thank you for choosing US Airways. We look forward to serving you for many miles to come."

Received a MM Certificate several years ago -- no bag tags -- Chairman's card does have "1 Million Mile Flyer" printed on face. I'm assuming this year's card will also -- got that email yesterday.

"You made it!

Congratulations! It's our pleasure to welcome you on board as a Chairman's Preferred member for the 2011 program year. We know you have choices when you fly, and we truly appreciate that you choose to fly with US so often. On behalf of over 33,000 employees worldwide, thank you for being a loyal customer. We'll be mailing your new Preferred membership kit soon. We hope you enjoy being Chairman's Preferred.". Along with message "Even more benefits coming in March"
Old Feb 13, 2011, 6:11 pm
m44

Programs: USAir
2 Million

Just reporting seeing "2 million miler" card .
Something might be up?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
are flights on AA now counting towards million miler status?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by morrisunc
are flights on AA now counting towards million miler status?
This is an excellent question...

A related question: My understanding is that you have to call US to get the number of lifetime miles. How do you find out on AA? By calling?
Old Apr 7, 2014, 2:51 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by phisher4
This is an excellent question...

A related question: My understanding is that you have to call US to get the number of lifetime miles. How do you find out on AA? By calling?
It's shown under "my account". Or AAdvantage Account - View My Miles.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by m44
Just reporting seeing "2 million miler" card .
Something might be up?
The 2-million is only for AA - correct? I have not heard anything about USAirways having a 2-million miler card.

Have more than that and my card still says just "million" on it.

When combining miles I hope they retain the 2-million on American and
beam me up to it.
Old May 26, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
I just emailed the Preferred desk and was given my lifetime miles.

Does anyone know if this benefit will be vanishing again once the merger takes place?

AA used to count all AA miles towards Million Miler status, including credit card spending, so it wasn't too hard to do; now it's just actual flight miles, I think.

If US took it away once, I'm expecting to have it taken away again.
Old May 28, 2014, 8:04 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by NYCommuter

If US took it away once, I'm expecting to have it taken away again.
God I hope not. I had about 960,000 lifetime miles on AA before they changed the program in 2011 to only count BIS miles.

I'm hoping that they do, in fact, combine US and AA lifetime miles when the program merges into AAdvantage. I'll be well into 1MM and close to 2MM.

Since 'lifetime' means the life of the loyalty program and not the actual person, this could go a few ways...

1.) Only current AAdvantage LT members continue to enjoy the perks. DM merged members LT miles are thrown away because the DM program will be officially "dead". Not likely to happen if they want to retain customer loyalty.

2.) All DM and AA LT miles get combined into the merged accounts, but perhaps the tiers get adjusted to avoid too much dilution

3.) All DM and AA LT miles get combined and we keep the current 3 tier structure at AA of Gold/Plat/ExPlat and the benefits are adjusted.

We still don't know if they're even going to keep the 500 mile sticker upgrade policy or make it a free for all like the other (2) legacies. Many AA loyalists are in favor of keeping the stickers as a way of making AA First Class something to at least work a little bit for.
Old May 28, 2014, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by hitherandyon
The 2-million is only for AA - correct? I have not heard anything about USAirways having a 2-million miler card.

Have more than that and my card still says just "million" on it.

When combining miles I hope they retain the 2-million on American and
beam me up to it.
IIRC, there are reports of US cards with "2 Million Mile Flyer" stamped on them instead of "1 Million Mile Flyer" - but that's it. No other benefits.

fwiw, I hadn't noticed before, but my new 2014 card doesn't even have the "1 Million Mile Flyer" note anymore.

And I fully expect them to combine balances and keep the 1M = lowest tier, 2M = second tier benefits. The question in my mind is whether there will be a 3rd, 75K mile tier that can be reached for life at 3M.
Old May 28, 2014, 4:15 pm

Just got a second 2014 CP card last week this one says "1 Million Mile Flyer" which was missing from the one I got earlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.