Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated US Airways Praise Thread ("I love...was surprised....Wowed!)

The Consolidated US Airways Praise Thread ("I love...was surprised....Wowed!)

Old Nov 29, 2010, 4:57 am

Programs: United 1k (finally!), Hyatt Diamond
US Airways within the last year has done a TON of work revamping their customer service. When I called to book *A travel this year, I was blown away with how smoothly the process went.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 7:51 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Great to here stories like this ^

FYI, even though LH changed your flight, I believe it is ultimately in the ticketing carrier's (US) hands to make adjustments to your itinerary and it sounds like they handled it perfectly!
Old Nov 29, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
As you said always good to hear some positive news ^

Now if we can just get them to stop messing around with Starnet blocking all will be well
Old Nov 29, 2010, 11:59 am

On my return sunday MUC-PHL, had the same crew in z as on the outbound friday. Just as great an experience and was nice that they remembered me from the previous flight. After explaining to them the MR concept and why I was going back so quickly, I felt like there was even a bit more of looking after me. I think they felt sorry for me, but little did they realize that I was having the time of my life. Caught up on my reading, brought a few movies that I wouldnt have a chance to see at home, etc. The flight itself was a little vacation from the everyday. Not to mention the little Glenlivet bottles kept showing up time and time again.....nothing like a bit of glenlivet and ginger ale to make things even better!

I was surprised when speaking about ff programs and mileage runs, that the FA's are not that familiar with the concepts. Once I broke it down in cpm's and the future benefits of status levels, you can see the light turn on. But I guess thats not a job requirement for them.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 12:07 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I was on the MUC-PHL flight with 1967cougar yesterday and would echo his sentiment.

The Envoy suites are excellent - more comfy than the new UA C flat beds, and typically cost less for a TATL flight than UA or LH!

As an aside, I have flown quite a bit of US domestic this year (14 segments, all in F) and have had positive experiences all around.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA EP, SPG Ambassador (lifetime plat)
Arrow The consolidated "I love...was wowed by...good job!" USAirways Thread

I literally got wowed by a USAir cust service agent on the phone -- above and beyond, unfortunately I didn't get her name.

My flight departing on Friday (today) out of London was canceled about 6pm last night in an Envoy seat. That meant I either take one of a few middle seats on a A330 in coach or rebook on Saturday which is what I did. It had been a long day, retrospectively, I should have asked how I could make it back in envoy on Friday so I called back with a few ideas.

First the customer service agent said, we'll I that won't work but can I put you on hold? I was placed on hold twice without explanation for long periods. When she came back after the first one, she told me that my first idea wouldn't work because there literally weren't any flights to get to the first alternate departure city. She went on hold again. When she came back, she had me booked on another airline (retail price of additional ticket $1000) through Madrid where I could get a nice USAir envoy seat back home to the states. No additional charge or hassle.

I was literally amazed, impressed. And can now see my family after being gone for a while.

How can I get the name of the agent to send her a Thank You note?
Old Dec 3, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: None
Probably impossible, although US might be able too get it from res phone logs on something. It would help if you know which res center you spoke to - elite desk in the states, UK res, or where-ever. Then about all you can do is write cust. service a nice letter and hope the right person gets the recognition.

Jim
Old Dec 3, 2010, 3:45 pm

Every change made to a reservation reflects the agent ID of the person who made the change, so if you write in, they will be able to find the agent.
Hope you don't get stuck in Spain with the strike! Good luck.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 5:10 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
I am so happy that you had a great resolution to your problem. I have found that US Airways CSR's often go out of their way to see that a problem is resolved satisfactorily - so it is really great to hear confirmation of that.

How can I get the name of the agent to send her a Thank You note?
The first thing I do when talking with CS is to note the name of the agent. It helps to know it when things a)do go your way and you want to write a thank-you letter and b) it's always helpful to call the person by name when on the phone with them. I have had some great conversations with CS reps!

A letter to Customer Service would definitely be appropriate in this instance - and, as stated, hopefully the right person will get the kudos!

Thanks for sharing.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 6:04 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by Mykle
Every change made to a reservation reflects the agent ID of the person who made the change
That the "something new" I learned today. Thanks.

Jim
Old Dec 3, 2010, 7:23 pm

MUC-PHL, back of the plane

We flew MUC-PHL, in the back of the plane, on 9-14-10. It was tolerable, for a full flight. We were not expecting much. They actually served a half decent lunch - beef, instead of chicken.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA EP, SPG Ambassador (lifetime plat)
Originally Posted by Mykle
Every change made to a reservation reflects the agent ID of the person who made the change, so if you write in, they will be able to find the agent.
Hope you don't get stuck in Spain with the strike! Good luck.
I'm already back -- and didn't notice any issues with traveling through Madrid at all (Except that the airport terminal 4 is HUGEEEEEE)
Old Dec 6, 2010, 1:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was ticketed LGA-DCA-RDU last month and was pleasantly surprised that when my DCA-RDU flight was canceled I received both a phone call and an email about it. I've had a few occasions on other airlines where I wasn't notified until I reached the airport that this felt unexpected and appreciated.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Really nice service from gate and flight crew on US1060 last night. Our plane went MX and they had to bring another from the hangar; gate agent was beyond diligent about giving status updates every 10 minutes, and not waiting to rebook pax at risk of misconnecting at DCA. I never understood why sometimes they wait till after you've misconnected to sort things out (not just US either) but this GA seemed to be more proactive than most.

Onboard we had a top-notch FA who bothered to look up our names on the manifest, joked with us when he got all the names wrong due to lots of pax having swapped seats, quick and attentive service on the short flight, and thanked each of us personally for flying with them as we landed.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, Avis Prefered
I have been flying for work about every other week for the last 2.5 years, almost exclusively USAirways. I have found them to bepretty good. Due to where I live I almost always have to fly through PHL F term and my PHL experiances can sometimes leave something to be desired, but is that a USAIrways problem or a PHL problem?
Since I made CP in the beginning of this year I do have to say that the CP phone CS people are great!
Recently I gave out some A&B certs, and an email to corp due to some great service I received from a GA and Baggage person. I left my Nook on a flight from PHL to AVP. After I relaized this I spoke to the AVP GA and then the bagage person at DTW (wher the plane ended up goign to after a return to PHL. They were great and really went out of their way to get my Nook back to me within a few hours.
I think peoplke give USAirways a bad rap, my experiences have been very good for the majority of my flights. No horror stories, just some delayed flights, normally from PHL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.