Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checked in online, still zone 5

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2010, 12:17 am

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
Originally Posted by leejl01
*A Silver is not technically listed in the official US Airways boarding announcement. They only mention Silver preferred. I've had boarding agents that have denied me from boarding in Zone 2 even with *A Silver on my boarding pass. (Where's the official policy in writing on this anyways?)
That's because per Star Alliance, *Silver DO NOT get priority boarding.

From the *A website: (http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...silver-status/)

Star Alliance Gold and Star Alliance Silver
Star Alliance status benefits provide unique recognition and rewards across all 28 member airlines - over and above what you receive from your selected frequent flyer programme.

Star Alliance Gold Benefits
Priority Reservations Waitlisting - when there aren't any seats left on your preferred flight, gives you priority should a seat become available.

Priority Airport Standby - gives you top priority when standing-by a flight at the airport.

Priority Airport Check-in - allows you to check-in at the Business and/or First Class counter.

Priority Baggage Handling - like you, your bags get priority treatment and are among the first to be unloaded.

Extra Baggage Allowance - an additional 20kg (44 pounds) or one additional piece of luggage2 which means you can check in three bags instead of two.

Priority Boarding - enjoy the freedom of boarding at your convenience along with First and Business Class passengers.

Airport Lounge Access - available worldwide for you and a friend when you travel with any Star Alliance member airline, regardless of your class of travel.

Star Alliance Silver Benefits
Priority Reservations Waitlisting - when there aren't any seats left on your preferred flight, gives you priority should a seat become available.

Priority Airport Standby - gives you top priority when standing by for a flight at the airport.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 5:50 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I am also wondering why the OP was considering photoshopping zone 3 onto the BP. If you are going to cheat the process, why not photoshop zone 1? Perhaps that is why 50% of the plane boards in zone 1 now as other FTers have reported. Not cool!
Old Oct 7, 2010, 6:22 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Is US looking into mobile boarding pass technology? I'd expect that could close many loopholes. More importantly, one less thing for me to lose and one or two less sheets of paper wasted. Over a year, my boyfriend and I probably use more than half a ream of paper just on boarding passes. The cost isn't too bad even with the ink, but i wonder if any of it gets recycled.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 7:35 am

^The boarding pass process has started to change as of yesterday. They have now moved to "paperless" accounting so the agent no longer needs to tear the pass to turn in after the flight. The agent I spoke with said that the mobile baording will be the next thing rolled out, early next year. Also that BP was being resdesigned to provide more information including allowing multiple legs all on one BP. It will be something to save for your records or turn in to your corp. accounting. Seems like she mentioned some more enhancements coming but I that is all I recall.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL

Unfortunately, *A Silver is not technically listed in the official US Airways boarding announcement. They only mention Silver preferred. I've had boarding agents that have denied me from boarding in Zone 2 even with *A Silver on my boarding pass. (Where's the official policy in writing on this anyways?)
That said, I just did OLCI for a shuttle flight and got Zone 2 based on my UA 2P status.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:52 am

Programs: None
UA Premier and US Silver are zone 2, along with the DM Visa and World MC holders plus the beginning of the "inverted pyramid boarding.

Jim
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, United Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
I just completed the h/s/j promo and printed out all my boarding passes beforehand... All zone 1 except for BTR-CLT which was zone 6. Go figure.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by drewguy
That said, I just did OLCI for a shuttle flight and got Zone 2 based on my UA 2P status.
That is because your status is with UA not another *A carrier.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
At PHX on Tuesday, the GA was practically begging for folks to check their bags. She offered zone 1 boarding to those who checked.

I personally find THAT bothersome because I already have to fight to get space in the OHB since I am always in the bulkhead. Now I have to fight through even MORE people to get on that plane. Give them zone 2 or 3, but NOT zone 1.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by AggieNzona
^The boarding pass process has started to change as of yesterday. They have now moved to "paperless" accounting so the agent no longer needs to tear the pass to turn in after the flight.
I thought it was odd that the GA handed back my OLCI BP this week, though iirc it happened on Monday also.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
The idea is not getting something I'm not entitled to. It's fixing something that I thought the US Airways site messed up that I am entitled to.
OK, then we simply are confirming that you are not.

I would suggest that the best way to address someone else's mistake in the future is to point it out and have them fix it, rather than taking it into your own hands. If it's broken for you it's probably broken for other, and won't get fixed until they know about it. And a DIY can always have unknown consequences.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 9:50 am

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Originally Posted by honeytoes
At PHX on Tuesday, the GA was practically begging for folks to check their bags. She offered zone 1 boarding to those who checked.
I would agree that giving them Zone 1 is definitely over the line. On my previous 4 or 5 flights from PHX, they did the same thing but was offering Zone 2 and specifically asking Zones 4 and beyond to check their bags.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
If they've checked their bags, I'm not sure giving them zone 1 or 2 matters to me so long as it increases the chance we leave on time.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by honeytoes

I personally find THAT bothersome because I already have to fight to get space in the OHB since I am always in the bulkhead. Now I have to fight through even MORE people to get on that plane. Give them zone 2 or 3, but NOT zone 1.
If they've checked the bag then presumably they're not taking up space from you (or a lot less).

How about they just start enforcing the limits and telling anyone who has a large rollaboard that the second bag has to go under the seat?
Old Oct 9, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Just did an ONCI for my four-segment PHL-BTR (hsj) mini-run tomorrow and I don't understand something...

Almost all of the flights gave me Zone 2, EXCEPT my first leg (PHL-CLT) showed up Zone 1. Any reason that would happen?

Last edited by ariyo15; Oct 9, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.