Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston Logan Baggage claim time

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

I know answers can vary greatly but I would appreciate knowing how long it takes for checked baggage to show up from domestic US planes that arrive in BOS. Do the Priority tags help in Boston? I have a meeting at the Boston Intercontinental 1 hour after my US Air flight arrival.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 4:14 am

Programs: AA EXP: : SPG Plat; HH Gold
Flew in to Logan from Charlotte with priority tags in late June. My experience was it took about 30 minutes to get my bag out.

Priority tag didn't help in my particular instance.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 4:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Sounds like your situation may be a perfect candidate for the VIP bag delivery service.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Centurion
I know answers can vary greatly but I would appreciate knowing how long it takes for checked baggage to show up from domestic US planes that arrive in BOS. Do the Priority tags help in Boston? I have a meeting at the Boston Intercontinental 1 hour after my US Air flight arrival.
BOS is pretty quick, but make sure they don't put it on the wrong carousel. I sat around waiting for my bags for like 30 minutes, until I spotted them going around the Air Canada carousel next to the US carousel that had my flight #.

Are you arriving off of a US Shuttle flight or a regular mainline/express flight? Shuttle has its own belt that runs parallel to the walkway to ground transportation, really convenient.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 7:37 am

Programs: AA EXP: : SPG Plat; HH Gold
Good point. Shuttle is much more efficient and quicker though an hour is still optimistic.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 7:42 am

Programs: nowadays: dl pm, formerly: hp plat/us cp/aa exp, nw plat

I fly into Logan weekly (via PHL/CLT). I am lucky when the bags roll out within 20 minutes. Otherwise, it can take longer especially if three flights land at the same time. I've never seen Priority tags really work at this airport. Once my bag was last on the carousel before it stopped.

I've done VIP Bag Delivery and although I had my own issues with them, I am using them all September so I can make a quick exit from the airport. Definitely recommended over wasting a half hour of your life in a crowded baggage claim.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Granitebox
Good point. Shuttle is much more efficient and quicker though an hour is still optimistic.
Oh, I missed the 1 hour part. No way. I'd never risk that if I needed to be somewhere an hour after landing. Especially if you need to get on the rental shuttle, but even if not!
Old Sep 1, 2013, 10:51 am

Programs: US GP, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, HHonors Gold, Avis First, Enterprise Plat
Based in BOS i can say that the baggage service is one of the worst i've ever seen. Frequent unannounced belt changes and minimum 30 minute wait for bags is common. Almost every flight i get from PHL or CLT will say belt one, but i know better and wait at belt 3 where my bag will undoubtedly show up...
Old Sep 1, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Stu71584
Based in BOS i can say that the baggage service is one of the worst i've ever seen. Frequent unannounced belt changes and minimum 30 minute wait for bags is common. Almost every flight i get from PHL or CLT will say belt one, but i know better and wait at belt 3 where my bag will undoubtedly show up...
Agreed
Old Sep 1, 2013, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Three options: 1) stick with carryon; 2) bag delivery; or 3) earlier flight. I would never do a meeting 1-hour post scheduled arrival at BOS w. checked luggage on US.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 12:43 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
I've taken to waiting by the tourism desk; you can see both areas from there pretty clearly.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: US GP, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, HHonors Gold, Avis First, Enterprise Plat
Originally Posted by dtremit
I've taken to waiting by the tourism desk; you can see both areas from there pretty clearly.
not a bad strategy haha.

It's a shame because every other part of US's operation at BOS is top notch in my book.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: US CP; Starwood Platinum
There's always a significant wait at Logan for US Airways bags, and Priority doesn't usually make much of a difference. Often they place all the bags on the track at once behind the scenes and send them out, so being first in line doesn't save you more than a minute or two after a substantial wait.

To be fair, baggage claim may seem to take a long time because the walk from the plane to the carousel is so short.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Silver, UA Premier, Hyatt Platinum
This. Definitely this.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 12:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
It's always slow and sometimes they'll load up the belt with bags from three flights so it's overloaded and bags start jamming up at the conveyor.

Dunno why US is so bad about this when UA at both terminals A & C usually get them on the belt within 20 minutes or so, sometimes less.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.