Grand Slam 2010!

Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:22 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, AA Gold
Who's nice enough to start a list of lowest cost items to buy from partners? For example, a box of pens for 1.79 from office max w shipping approx 10 bucks.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:05 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Last year I got 16 hits, took me an hour of planning and cost about $30. If I can match that this year I'll be just fine.

Y'all can go for 36 hits, but it's just too much work (and $$) for me.

I remember last year there was a (freaking amazing) spreadsheet that calculated and tracked your hits and mileage earned. Anyone have a copy lying around? Want to update it for this year?
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:08 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Until it's officially announced and live I'm not doing any serious planning or prep work. Not worth it if something might change before start time. Remember, it's no longer visible on the website. All I'm doing is holding off on a few things - booking hotels primarily.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Remember, it's no longer visible on the website.
The link is back up and running now
Old Aug 25, 2010, 2:45 am

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Until it's officially announced and live I'm not doing any serious planning or prep work. Not worth it if something might change before start time. Remember, it's no longer visible on the website. All I'm doing is holding off on a few things - booking hotels primarily.
For the most part I agree, I just enjoy planning this kind of stuff so I already planned most of my hits. If the promo turns out to change when it goes live, I'm fine with it as it was still interesting to plan
Old Aug 25, 2010, 6:47 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by cybaslacka
Who's nice enough to start a list of lowest cost items to buy from partners? For example, a box of pens for 1.79 from office max w shipping approx 10 bucks.
For OfficeMax, it would be a better value - for me, at least - to order $50 worth of printer ink or something else that I would have to buy soon - and get free shipping.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Could somebody refer me to e-rewards?

Thanks,
Mike
Old Aug 25, 2010, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Tiki
What is everyone going to do for this one? Last year, I think most of us got sign up miles on AS and transferred them to US. Assuming we can't delete the old AS account and get a new one and link it, what are the best options? Are there any good sign up bonuses elsewhere? Has anyone tried Phone Hog? I signed up for it, did a couple surveys but didn't get points for it.
Give PH a second chance. Just clear your cookies between each offer and remember that, for the offers to complete, you need to use the email you used to sign up for PH. If you used your real email address, sign up again with a spam email.

Mike
Old Aug 25, 2010, 8:09 am

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Angeleno228
The link is back up and running now
Looks like they modified bonus chart. (At least preffered-qualifying miles part.)
(Who needs them with h/s/j promoion anyway)
Old Aug 25, 2010, 8:47 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by mikeef
Could somebody refer me to e-rewards?

Thanks,
Mike
From their FAQs:

Joining e-Rewards is FREE and by invitation only. Our Sponsors send invitations to their customers inviting them to join the program. If you've provided your e-mail address to one of our Sponsor companies, you could receive an invitation to join e-Rewards.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by johndeere19
From their FAQs:

Joining e-Rewards is FREE and by invitation only. Our Sponsors send invitations to their customers inviting them to join the program. If you've provided your e-mail address to one of our Sponsor companies, you could receive an invitation to join e-Rewards.
here is an easy one
1000 miles to boot for $13.95 and 1 hit. A deal in it of itself:
https://service.usatoday.com/subscri...iles/index.jsp
: )
Old Aug 25, 2010, 8:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Be careful:

For all airline rewards, the sign up bonus will be awarded after 12 weeks. Cancellations prior to 12 weeks will not be eligible for the initial sign up bonus
Old Aug 25, 2010, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by peachy3
Be careful:
if that is to the USA today you are not cancelling. The cheapest is $14 and its for 3 months as far as I can see. No cancellation observed. : )
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by libuser
here is an easy one
1000 miles to boot for $13.95 and 1 hit. A deal in it of itself:
https://service.usatoday.com/subscri...iles/index.jsp
: )
You get the 1000 points only after 3 months of subscription i.e. $41.85 minimum. And you get 100 miles per month.

After 3 months, you need to cancel, otherwise they keep charging your CC.
At the end, you will get 1300 points for $41.85 (3 cpm) and one hit.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by libuser
if that is to the USA today you are not cancelling. The cheapest is $14 and its for 3 months as far as I can see. No cancellation observed. : )
I'm pretty sure peachy is right. $13.95 every 4 weeks and you have to keep the subscription live for 12 weeks. So that's $41.85. Not so attractive for 1 hit.

Andyandy

Last edited by andyandy; Aug 25, 2010 at 10:24 am Reason: can't do math (english major)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.