Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO Lounge Options (Star version - archive)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
SQ SilverKris lounge denied despite having US Club and *A Gold status (but on domestic US ticket).

According to the link:

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...mberships.html

"To visit a Star Alliance lounge, other than United Clubs, you must present a boarding pass for same-day departure on any Star Alliance flight."

I should be able to but apparently no go.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by iztok
SQ SilverKris lounge denied despite having US Club and *A Gold status (but on domestic US ticket).

According to the link:

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...mberships.html

"To visit a Star Alliance lounge, other than United Clubs, you must present a boarding pass for same-day departure on any Star Alliance flight."

I should be able to but apparently no go.
Could it be that they're referring to generic "Star Alliance" branded lounges (available in LHR, CDG, NGO, and LAX), and not airline-specific lounges like the SQ SilverKris lounges?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
Could it be that they're referring to generic "Star Alliance" branded lounges (available in LHR, CDG, NGO, and LAX), and not airline-specific lounges like the SQ SilverKris lounges?
Considering it follows "other than United..." I would say the answer is no.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Your *G status may have confused the issue -- as a (US-based) *G one is entitled to lounge access only on international departures.

I would contact the US club people to clarify.

The Star Alliance website is unhelpful; the "Lounge Finder" suggests that the KrisFlyer lounge is available to US Club members only on international flights (it turns up for SFO-CDG but not SFO-BOS), but the Lounge Access Policy has no such limitation:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

There is an unclear but specific limitation relating to the the KrisFlyer lounge, but it also specifies "in Singapore."

Last edited by dtremit; Oct 19, 2012 at 1:14 pm
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:00 pm

United Club or Star Alliance Lounge in SFO

I will be flying UA (coach class) on an inbound international flight going thru SFO in Nov. I'd really like to be able to take a shower while waiting for my next flight. I have a US airways club day pass and also a United Club One-Day pass. I don't have any elite status.

Would I be able to use any of the passes? Which club should I go?
I heard United Club in SFO is not good but I am not sure if the Star Alliance lounge will let me in. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Old Oct 25, 2012, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
You don't need status if you have a day pass. But, IIRC, neither of the UA Clubs at SFO has showers.

Here is the info you need though:

Shower facilities are available at Freshen Up! located on the Departures/Ticketing Level of the International Terminal, near the entrance to Gates G91-G102. Freshen Up! is open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. For additional information call 650.877.0798.
Source: http://www.flysfo.com/web/page/orphan/faq/index.html#11
Old Oct 25, 2012, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by burlax
You don't need status if you have a day pass. But, IIRC, neither of the UA Clubs at SFO has showers.

Here is the info you need though:

Source: http://www.flysfo.com/web/page/orphan/faq/index.html#11
Thank you! How much does Freshen Up charge? Is the facility clean?

Sorry for my ignorance. Is IIRC the Star Alliance lounge?

Last edited by lw7878; Oct 25, 2012 at 9:35 pm
Old Oct 25, 2012, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
Originally Posted by lw7878
Thank you! Do you know how much Freshen Up charge? Is the facility clean?
There is a phone number listed there - you could call and ask about prices. If you're too lazy to call, you could at least google it - people on yelp report a $15 fee.

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly
Old Oct 25, 2012, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by burlax
There is a phone number listed there - you could call and ask about prices. If you're too lazy to call, you could at least google it - people on yelp report a $15 fee.

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly
Thanks a bunch! You are right. I should have Googled it. My brain is a bit slow tonight. Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.