Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 2/28/2013 (updated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 2/28/2013 (updated)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
BDL, STL, and MCI all work as well.
Old May 18, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, SPG Plat, HH Gold
I'm planning to try this at ORF in June, and will report back on the results, but have a question regarding using the AWD listed in post 1 (and sorry in advance if this is a silly question - I just don't rent cars very often).

If I submit my dates and location (3 days, ORF) and don't include the AWD #, the rate is $74.04 for subcompact base rate.

If I add the AWD #, the rate goes up to $104.70 for the same car.

There is a note: Coupon discounts are NOT included in the estimated total, but will be calculated and applied at the time of rental.

But taking 25% off the higher base rate still leaves me at $78.52, higher than the rate without using any AWD.

(The rate remains the same with or without the MUAA044 code).

Is this normal for a non-AWD rate to be better than a 25% off AWD rate? Is it better for me to just reserve without the coupon?
Old May 18, 2010, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by jemmazee
I'm planning to try this at ORF in June, and will report back on the results, but have a question regarding using the AWD listed in post 1 (and sorry in advance if this is a silly question - I just don't rent cars very often).

If I submit my dates and location (3 days, ORF) and don't include the AWD #, the rate is $74.04 for subcompact base rate.

If I add the AWD #, the rate goes up to $104.70 for the same car.

There is a note: Coupon discounts are NOT included in the estimated total, but will be calculated and applied at the time of rental.

But taking 25% off the higher base rate still leaves me at $78.52, higher than the rate without using any AWD.

(The rate remains the same with or without the MUAA044 code).

Is this normal for a non-AWD rate to be better than a 25% off AWD rate? Is it better for me to just reserve without the coupon?
Yes, sometimes using no AWD can get you a better rate than using an AWD... go figure.

As you stated, the coupon is not affecting your rate. Your coupon is not for a discounted $ amount but rather for 3000 Div Miles. Leave the coupon in and use whatever AWD you want.... or no AWD if it benefits you.

Have you tried any of the AWD codes you can find in the thread Avis Discount Codes thread?

[portion deleted]

I'm hoping US runs another summer blockbuster 50% bonus promo for car and hotel miles. 4,500 bonus per rental makes me salivate

Last edited by Evan!; Jun 2, 2010 at 1:44 pm
Old May 18, 2010, 6:40 pm

Programs: US CP, Marriott Life Platinum, AVIS 1st
BIL does not honor this code (nor the others from what I was told) because they are an "independent" Avis franchise. I learned this the hard way on a recent 6 day trip. I could have gone with Hertz and gotten a better miles/dollars ratio. I only got the actual miles driven credited to my account.
Old May 24, 2010, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Earn 50% more miles* It's time for your big blockbuster-bonus-miles debut!

This makes MUAA044 even better !!!

3-days
150 + 3000 + 75 + 1500 = 4,725

4-day
200 + 3000 + 100 + 1500 = 4,800

5-day
500 + 3000 + 250 + 1500 = 5,250 !!!
Old May 24, 2010, 9:09 pm

Evan, you beat me to it.
Old May 25, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Hertz President Circle
Recently used at ATL, LEX, and MSP with no problems.^
Old May 25, 2010, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
[Deleted]

Last edited by Dan6681; Jun 2, 2010 at 2:32 pm
Old May 25, 2010, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

[deleted]

Last edited by Evan!; Jun 2, 2010 at 1:45 pm
Old May 25, 2010, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Just got off the phone with Avis LAS- the nice lady who picked up the phone said they are a corporate location.
Old May 26, 2010, 12:53 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Evan!
My personal favorite is xxxxxxx.
Thanks, Evan! The 50% bonus and xxxxxxx come right on time for my memorial weekend rental. $85 ai for a premium for 3 days and will get 4,725 US miles. Initially booked a full size for $60ai with National with 650 AA miles. So this is a good deal. ^

Last edited by buschoi; Jun 2, 2010 at 3:22 pm Reason: Per Evan!, Code is not for public use and delete the code
Old Jun 2, 2010, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

I wouldn't blow smoke anywhere so trust me on this. I have an FT friend who just launched autoslash.com. I tried out his site and was quite impressed with the prices as well as the user interface. He told me all the discount codes he uses are public and 100% safe.

At first I did not believe he could beat the BMW code I had already used. But he did. Total price for a week, intermediate, BMW code a.i. was $200. Using autoslash I got the same exact reservation for $190.

The email I got referenced a link to my reservation at autoslash. The Avis confirmation number was clearly shown. But I didn't need it. When I logged in at avis.com the reservation was showing. I modified the reservation to include my US FF# and coupon code MUAA044. The price didn't change. I have no reason to believe I won't get my miles next week.

I canceled my original reservation.

So I am officially endorsing autoslash.com (as if my endorsement means anything but a guy can fantasize right?). Honestly, I was quite surprised that he beat every AWD and BCD I could find. He asked me to let him know if I find anything (code) beating his rates. He is very conscientious about getting the absolute best deals.

The true litmus test will be if Mrp Alert likes the site. Marty.... I'm talking about you
Old Jun 2, 2010, 9:00 pm

Programs: US,PC
Smile

Originally Posted by Evan!
I wouldn't blow smoke anywhere so trust me on this. I have an FT friend who just launched autoslash.com. I tried out his site and was quite impressed with the prices as well as the user interface. He told me all the discount codes he uses are public and 100% safe.

At first I did not believe he could beat the BMW code I had already used. But he did. Total price for a week, intermediate, BMW code a.i. was $200. Using autoslash I got the same exact reservation for $190.

The email I got referenced a link to my reservation at autoslash. The Avis confirmation number was clearly shown. But I didn't need it. When I logged in at avis.com the reservation was showing. I modified the reservation to include my US FF# and coupon code MUAA044. The price didn't change. I have no reason to believe I won't get my miles next week.

I canceled my original reservation.

So I am officially endorsing autoslash.com (as if my endorsement means anything but a guy can fantasize right?). Honestly, I was quite surprised that he beat every AWD and BCD I could find. He asked me to let him know if I find anything (code) beating his rates. He is very conscientious about getting the absolute best deals.

The true litmus test will be if Mrp Alert likes the site. Marty.... I'm talking about you
Since you are endorsing it so I have it locked!!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Regarding the amazing disappearing AWD code:

Some have noticed the deletions of posts by me and others regarding a specific AWD code. First, I honestly don't remember where I got the code as I peruse several sites looking for bargains especially car rental codes. I have used the code several times with no problems and that is why I mentioned in this thread.

However Avis security called me in regards to that code. The rep was very nice to me and never even hinted at any admonishment for using the code. It's an employee code for an Avis VP. He said there is no problem with the fact that I currently have an Avis car with that code. Avis will honor the rate. However he did ask that I not use it in the future. My apologies were met with graciousness and a reply that I owe no apology.

I changed my future reservations to the BMW Car Club code I found in the Avis forum sticky thread. There were only slight changes to the price (up). I then re-booked through autoslash.com and the price went below both the BMW code and the employee code.

I apologize to anyone out there that might get a call and/or called out at the counter due to using that code. I never meant to misuse an employee code.

Mea Cupla finished.

Last edited by Evan!; Jun 3, 2010 at 9:01 am
Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:42 am

I had some difficulty using this promotion at SFO last weekend (actually the bonehead desk agent and his 1985 Lotus 123 system were the problem)

Picked up on Saturday morning intending to return on Monday night. Clearly a 3 day rental in terms of what Avis was going to charge me. When I made the the reso over the phone three weeks ago, phone agent confirmed coupon would work.

At pickup, the surly desk agent would not allow use of the coupon, and used a blanket statement to the effect of "yes, we will charge you for 3 days, but these 3 day coupons require a full 72 hour keep". Anyone heard this before?

Didn't have the coupon printed out with me, since I have already used this offer successfully at MDW and LGA. Would have fought with him more, but there was a 30 person deep line behind me, and just figured I'd call customer service when on the road. Another mistake, since customer service was closed for the next 3 days!!

Called cust. serv on Tuesday and phone rep said reso actually still showed the coupon and everything appeared in order, so now it is a waiting game for the miles.

Looking back, the mistakes were 1.) not having a printout of the offer 2.) not insisting that he honor the coupon before I left the building.

Last edited by ramblers63; Jun 3, 2010 at 9:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.