Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 2/28/2013 (updated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 2/28/2013 (updated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2010, 8:20 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Evan!
Actually the find came from bkafrick in this post from a thread in the Avis forum. I simply thought it deserved its own thread in the US forum.
Heh... Thanks for the credit.

Anyway, to answer some of your questions, there has been no limit in the past. I used the 1500 miles/3 day rental from last year for about 6 months... then when I found the 5000 miles offer from Delta, switched to that... then switched back to US's... I probably got at least 15 bonuses on USAirways, and about 8 on Delta.

And you dont need to change your AWD to upset your under 25 no-surcharge thing... This is a COUPON, and is inputted separately from your AWD. Feel free to choose the AWD that gets you the cheapest rates.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
I just completed a rental using this coupon code. My receipt reflects the 3K bonus.

I have no status with US.

The only other update I need to make is whether the miles actually post to my US account. I seriously doubt I will have any trouble with this. If I do experience a delay I also doubt that my (lack of) status will have anything to do with it.

I'll let you all know.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Evan, if last year is any indicator, the AVIS bonuses used to post on my DM acct between 7-10 business days after the rental...
Old Jan 29, 2010, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bkafrick
Evan, if last year is any indicator, the AVIS bonuses used to post on my DM acct between 7-10 business days after the rental...
Thanks.

Just finished a BOS rental. Receipt shows 3300. ^

*A award here I come
Old Jan 30, 2010, 8:00 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Thanks.

Just finished a BOS rental. Receipt shows 3300. ^

*A award here I come
where exactly are you guys seeing milage on the receipt. i have had 2 rentals with coupon and all my receipt says is my us #
Old Jan 30, 2010, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wareagle98
where exactly are you guys seeing milage on the receipt. i have had 2 rentals with coupon and all my receipt says is my us #
I'm getting a receipt from the garage attendant when I return the car (from the hand held scanner/printer). At the bottom, last printed line, it reads FF MLS/PNTS EARNED 3300. From my experience, if you don't see this you will have problems whether it be Avis or Budget.

Then, in the email that is auto-generated and usually arrives within an hour of returning my car, I scroll to the bottom and just below the final charges that are in bold it reads:
**CONCESSION RECOVERY FEE
*.60 PK.SUR+$10 CONV CTR SUR
# MASS EXCISE TAX REIMB
ENERGY RECOVERY FEE .53/DY
CUST FACILITY CHG
FF MLS/PNTS EARNED 3300

Avis Car Rental E-Receipt
Please do not reply to this message.
If you have questions regarding this rental or if you do not wish to receive electronic receipts,...
If, when you return the car, you go to the counter instead of having a garage attendant process your return you have to search a little harder to find the FF miles especially since every station for Avis and Budget uses dot-matrix printers from 1985 and haven't changed the print ribbons since 1984.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 12:18 pm

Programs: US CP, Marriott Life Platinum, AVIS 1st
I've done 3 of these so far this year and I've yet to see them hit my DM online account.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 149113
I've done 3 of these so far this year and I've yet to see them hit my DM online account.
Have you seen the the bonuses on your receipts?
Old Jan 30, 2010, 4:37 pm

Programs: US CP, Marriott Life Platinum, AVIS 1st
Have you seen the the bonuses on your receipts?
What I see on the paper receipt that I get when I return the car is:

AWD Number - K024300
My DM number
Coupon number - MUAA044
Total rental charges

No where on there do I see the 3k totals. I booked on US's site (though that should not matter). I guess I need to call on Monday.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 149113
What I see on the paper receipt that I get when I return the car is:

AWD Number - K024300
My DM number
Coupon number - MUAA044
Total rental charges

No where on there do I see the 3k totals. I booked on US's site (though that should not matter). I guess I need to call on Monday.
That's not a good sign. Is there a chance you returned the car early and thus did not meet the minimum rental requirement of 3 days? From where did you rent? Perhaps it is not a participating location (see mile marker #1, first bullet in the T&C. Only participating airport locations. ) You will not be warned of this when making the reservation. At avis.com if your rental period is too short or too long you will get a red message informing you that the coupon is invalid for the rental duration. But if the location is not participating you will be told zip, nada, bupkis.

Did you get an email receipt? If so, do you see a line item charging you for the FF miles? On mine I see:
FTP SR$ 0.75DY 3.75
FTP SR= frequent traveler program standard rate (or something to that affect)

If you don't have a fee for FF miles you will NOT get any miles. Of this I am nearly 100% sure. You should see this same exact line on the receipt you got from the garage attendant. Mine has it.

FTR, $3.75/3,300 = 0.114 cents per mile :-:^
Old Jan 30, 2010, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
That's not a good sign. Is there a chance you returned the car early and thus did not meet the minimum rental requirement of 3 days? From where did you rent? Perhaps it is not a participating location (see mile marker #1, first bullet in the T&C. Only participating airport locations. ) You will not be warned of this when making the reservation. At avis.com if your rental period is too short or too long you will get a red message informing you that the coupon is invalid for the rental duration. But if the location is not participating you will be told zip, nada, bupkis.

Did you get an email receipt? If so, do you see a line item charging you for the FF miles? On mine I see:
FTP SR$ 0.75DY 3.75
FTP SR= frequent traveler program standard rate (or something to that affect)

If you don't have a fee for FF miles you will NOT get any miles. Of this I am nearly 100% sure. You should see this same exact line on the receipt you got from the garage attendant. Mine has it.

FTR, $3.75/3,300 = 0.114 cents per mile :-:^
I am returning my Avis rental tomorrow after 3 days. This will be at the MYR station I'll post what's on the receipt after security or at CLT. I triple checked all of my codes so I will be really PO'd if I don't get my bonus miles. :-(

Last edited by Dan6681; Jan 30, 2010 at 5:40 pm
Old Jan 30, 2010, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dan6681
I am returning my Avis rental tomorrow after 3 days. This will be at the MYR station I'll post what's on the receipt after security or at CLT. I triple checked all of my codes so I will be really PO'd if I don't get my bonus miles. :-(
Thanks Dan. I want to start a list of participating locations in mile marker #1 but I have been waiting until I actually see some miles in my DM account (you know, the whole "countin' chickens" thing).

149113, not sure if you are aware of this or not but the IT systems for Avis and Budget both suffer from DNS. Disappearing Number Syndrome. Through the years there are many many posts from FTers about their FF# and/or coupon code being present on-line but magically not in the reservation when arriving at the airport. Then when returning the rental AGAIN FF# and/or coupon code is missing. It has gotten better but not fixed entirely. When I became preferred the syndrome went away. Booking on line with a profile I can log into seemed to help.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 6:56 pm

I was looking at making a reservation for Indianapolis for my monthly 3 day trip. Thrifty, using the wild card option came in at $127.31 including taxes for a guaranteed midsize or larger. Avis with the coupon and the discount came in at $254.20. I guess it all depends on the market you are renting from, but in this case, is the 3000 RDM worth ~$125? I credit my Thrifty rentals to Qantas and cash in those 700 points per rental for a Qantas club membership which gives me access to all OneWorld lounges and free drinks when I access AA clubs.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by docr775
I was looking at making a reservation for Indianapolis for my monthly 3 day trip. Thrifty, using the wild card option came in at $127.31 including taxes for a guaranteed midsize or larger. Avis with the coupon and the discount came in at $254.20. I guess it all depends on the market you are renting from, but in this case, is the 3000 RDM worth ~$125? I credit my Thrifty rentals to Qantas and cash in those 700 points per rental for a Qantas club membership which gives me access to all OneWorld lounges and free drinks when I access AA clubs.
More that $125. Remember, you will be charged 75c per day for FF miles. The 3K is NOT worth extra money. You might visit the Avis forum and see if you can find an AWD code that will bring the rate down. This promo is a coupon code which is on top of any discount you might get with an Avis Worldwide Discount code. You can buy 3K (I think) from DM for less than $125.

Go with Thrifty before you try to use this promo.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
My Receipt says FF MLS/PNTS EARNED 3108. It seems like they will post just fine, but I will keep an eye out and note it here when they post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.