Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 14, 2013, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Update 08APR2014: Star Alliance Awards must have been booked by March 30, 2014. They are no longer available through US. This thread is mostly useful for historic purposes, and discussing issues such as schedule changes/route changes that affect FTers existing *A awards booked before 3/31/2014.

Discussion on using US miles to book oneworld awards is available here.

If you are looking for discussion on US's new partner awards that use various partners not in oneworld (many of whom are former *A partners), see the devoted thread on using US miles to book NON-oneworld partners here.

------------------------

Update 07JAN14: American Airlines award tickets bookable online on usairways.com or through reservation.

• Award travel must be wholly on American Airlines or a combination of American Airlines and US Airways.
  • American Airlines awards cannot be combined with any of our current partner.
  • American Airlines award travel chart (PDF)

Please see the devoted thread on using US miles to book AA here.
Print Wikipost

Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2010, 3:26 am

ANA tool

Has anyone else noticed that the ANA tool has been down at least for me for the past 12 hours? I wonder why.... seems like a long time to have an it system off line?
Old Feb 13, 2010, 5:20 am

Programs: US, LH, HH
Originally Posted by babs
Has anyone else noticed that the ANA tool has been down at least for me for the past 12 hours? I wonder why.... seems like a long time to have an it system off line?
just tested and works fine for me
Old Feb 13, 2010, 7:00 am

Still nothing

Never had a problem before but keep getting the below message tried in both explorer and firefox. Oh well guess I will just wait some more, seems strange that others are not having the same issue. Anyway thanks the reply.

* Members must complete the application by themselves.
Before applying, please read the Guide to Using Awards.

* Partner airlines award system is currently unavailable.
Please try again later. We apologize for inconvenience this has caused.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
currently working for me
Old Feb 13, 2010, 7:07 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
@babs I saw your note just now just as I was logging into ana.co.jp, and it is working fine for me.

Brian
Old Feb 13, 2010, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by babs
Never had a problem before but keep getting the below message tried in both explorer and firefox. Oh well guess I will just wait some more, seems strange that others are not having the same issue. Anyway thanks the reply.

* Members must complete the application by themselves.
Before applying, please read the Guide to Using Awards.

* Partner airlines award system is currently unavailable.
Please try again later. We apologize for inconvenience this has caused.
Others from Australia had issues with ANA in last Dec (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-n...t-working.html) and got it fixed by changing their registered address with ANA.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 8:19 am

thanks for the help

Changed my address and it works strange hey, it has never happened before. thankyou once again
Old Feb 14, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: LH M&L, SPG, HH
Question Checkmytrip

Originally Posted by doubled79
No, they will not email you the confirmation numbers. Your options:

1) Call US and ask for the airlines confirmation codes or
2) Call each separate airline, give them the e-ticket number or date/flight information and they will give you the confirmation number and take your seat assignment.
Do I assume correctly, that they are not using Amadeus, hence the booking may not be viewed on checkmytrip?

What happens, if at least one carrier involved is on Amadeus (e.g. LH)? May I see then see the entire itin on CMT, only the segments on LH or still nothing?

Thanks
FoC
Old Feb 14, 2010, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by Fear of coach
What happens, if at least one carrier involved is on Amadeus (e.g. LH)? May I see then see the entire itin on CMT, only the segments on LH or still nothing?
Get the LH record locator (just ask LH for it, give them your name and flight info and they can offer it no problem). Then you'll be able to see the LH flights [i]and the flights that surround the LH flights, before and after.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:12 am

Thank you, that was exactly the answer, I was hoping for. ^
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:41 am

Question Allowed routing to Maldives?

Hi all,

I'm planning a *A award trip with US miles. Will the following routing be valid on one ticket?
MUC - SIN (LH or SQ) - MLE (SQ) [destination]
MLE - SIN (SQ) [stop]
SIN - MUC (LH or SQ)
I have concerns because of backtracking, but otoh this seems to be the only possibility to get to MLE on *A (apart from OS, but they only fly there seasonally and we want to travel in Jul).

Furthermore, is it possible by now to get awards in F or J on SQ 77W? ANA tool shows available seats (at least in J), but there is still a note saying that you may not book F- or J-awards on 380, 77W and 345.

Thanks
FoC
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On a carrier like UA that likely wouldn't work, since it's so far over the maximum permitted mileage. But I bet US will book it.

And 77W business class seats are sometimes available, you stand a good shot.

Please report back!
Old Feb 14, 2010, 11:06 am

Question Experience with German call center?

Hi again,

has anyone erperience concerning award bookings with the German (speaking) call center?

Is it
1. possible at all and
2. advisable
to book awards with them or should I better (or even have to) ring the cc in the US?

Thanks
FoC
Old Feb 14, 2010, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by gleff
Please report back!
I will certainly do that, but still have to wait for another few days until the blocking period for my newly created account is over. Fingers crossed ...
Old Feb 14, 2010, 1:31 pm

Should be no problem to fly that route and book it via the german callcenter. I had some troubles with the german cc with some more complex routing, which I found easier to book with the us based, but maybe I was just unlucky. Given the reports on http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/ all sorts of crazy bookings also go through the german cc.

Regarding J/F on SQ. I think J seats on 77W and J+F seats on 747 are available on long distance SQ. However (and this is my personal theory) SQ does not transmit long distance J and F seats to ANA to prevent the public from having an easy view on it. I was able to book SQ 747 F seats with US and LH for a large number of days, although nothing showed up on ANA or could be booked through their cc. It's impossible to find any J or F seat though ANA on SQ, although there are plenty available - despite other rumours I'm certain that this is not a case of everything being booked.

It seems you found an exception of that rule with MUC-SIN. There is actually quite a large number of J seats available and to me this matches on what SQ showed before the big block. While SQ on some routes in some classes were hard to find, overall with a bit of looking around you could find plenty of seats outside economy. MUC-SIN route is new and there could be two reasons why it has so many seats. Either nobody noticed the flight and thus those seats weren't booked or - and this is where I would put my money on - SQ hasn't added this route to the ANA output filter yet.

If you don't mind to fly through FRA and want to get a seat in SQ F, I'd ask the agent first to check your dates for FRA-SIN F class seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.