Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways website: Post bugs and problems here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2009, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Looks like they made some bug fixes to the beta. They corrected a number of issues that I reported including these that I posted here:

Originally Posted by DCAorBust
Shall we start a bug list? I've several, but here's a fun one:

When viewing a reservation, the icons for mailing, printing, and downloading are mismatched. The printer is with the "email" link, the download arrow is with the "print details" link, and the envelope is with the "download" link.
Originally Posted by DCAorBust
I have this exact same issue with an itinerary that has a *A connect. First segment is US, 2d is LH. The old site lets me open the seat map and make my US seat selection, but of course it can't display the LH seat map. The new site just craps out in much the same manner as you describe.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 11:19 am

Programs: AA EP; UA 2P; Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hertz PC
Well, I tried for three days to log into my account before I figured out I needed to enter my FF# in all caps.

As for existing reservations, if I go to the "my account" section I can see them all. If I click on manage reservations, I can only pull up one at a time.

and not a bug but a pet peeve of mine. The old site had the login fields on the home page. The new beta site requires another screen paint as it loads the next page. No need to double the bandwidth no matter how small.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:00 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 900at
Well, I tried for three days to log into my account before I figured out I needed to enter my FF# in all caps.

As for existing reservations, if I go to the "my account" section I can see them all. If I click on manage reservations, I can only pull up one at a time.

and not a bug but a pet peeve of mine. The old site had the login fields on the home page. The new beta site requires another screen paint as it loads the next page. No need to double the bandwidth no matter how small.
Do DM account #s have letters? I thought they were all numbers. How do you enter a numerical account number in ALL CAPS?
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by COpltASgldPHX
Do DM account #s have letters? I thought they were all numbers. How do you enter a numerical account number in ALL CAPS?
Legacy DM numbers are seven alphanumeric characters. Legacy Flight Fund numbers are numeric. Post-merger issued DM#'s are numeric.

Originally Posted by 900at

Weird. I have no problem entering lowercase. I agree about the login fields. They should be displayed in place of the Sign In link on the right, much like UA does.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 2:54 am

Programs: MMR-Platinum, US Airways Chairman`s Preffered
Problems US Beta Site

last night i tried to book this flight

fra - fll - fra 18.june - 22. june - diplayed me - incorrcet date

i want go to my dm account - displayed me - go to usairways.com

i´m located in germany. maybe thats about?
Old Jun 15, 2009, 5:45 am

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
The My Account -> Your Flights shows me bookings that I did & used last year, but with a 2009 date!

HTSC
Old Jul 8, 2009, 9:46 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Past couple of days I haven't been able to go to www2.usairways.com
Think they took it down to fix eveything before they put it in primetime?
Old Jul 18, 2009, 3:54 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
I think its speed counts as a bug. www2 pages take 10 times as long to load as the old site. First time I tried to log in, it took 20 secs and then spat out an error message. (... even though the login had appeared to work and my account details appeared above!) Login on the old site took about 2 secs and didn't spout error messages.

Oh, and the first line of the auto-reply if you send feedback says:
"Thanks for visiting our using usairways.com Beta."
Old Jul 19, 2009, 10:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
Seat Selection

So I upgraded to Try Preferred yesterday as I'm an AA elite but will be flying a lot on US the next few months. I spent about 15 minutes selecting seats, after checking Seat Guru of course, and thought I was all set.

The seat assignments seemed to be updating and then they reverted back to the original auto-assigned ones. When I tried to do it again, the system seemed to not recognize the Silver status.

URRGGHHH.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but...isn't tomorrow after today?

Old Aug 13, 2009, 6:20 am

I noticed a mild & imperfect improvement with the latest release: previously business class *A award segments appeared as "Coach (I)," which was slightly nicer than the old site b/c at least the fare bucket was there to provide some assurance. Now it says "Unknown (I)," which isn't perfect, but at least it doesn't say "Coach." For the indoctrinated, I don't think this caused much heartburn, but I'm sure that reservations takes more than a few calls from less frequent award travelers who rightfully worry about the discrepancy. Hopefully they'll continue to make progress on displaying these reservations with more fulsome and accurate information.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Kampfei
last night i tried to book this flight

fra - fll - fra 18.june - 22. june - diplayed me - incorrcet date

i want go to my dm account - displayed me - go to usairways.com

i´m located in germany. maybe thats about?
Kampfei,

I reported this in the thread and to US early in the beta period, and it still hasn't been resolved. It seems that anyone that has their regional settings set to anything other than US English will have this problem. Reason is that date is displayed/calculated differently outside the US but the US website is not taking that into consideration. Sloppy programming that will end up in several people making erroneous bookings without realizing. Definately needs to be fixed.

Of course, in Germany, you do have access to a dedicated website that will charge you in Euros and uses a different booking engine: http://www.usairways.com/awa/content...E/default.aspx

Those of us in Canada don't have any such luck. US must be one of the only major carriers that does not have the capability to issue a ticket in local currency, even when the flight originates in Canada.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Call it trivial, but I do not like that I can't log into my US account directly from the home screen - I have to click a link that takes me to a page to do it.

AA, UA, CO and DL (as well as the old usairways.com) all had this ability - it's something I like because I can quickly glance to see how many miles I have (one less screen to navigate), and just easier overall if I were to go book a trip.

I often use the Bolt browser on my Blackberry (a full HTML browser, not the default BB browser - has a lot more functionality), but having to click on an extra screen while using the wireless network can be a bit time-consuming compared to the competition.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by mersk862
Call it trivial
For the reasons you stated, and others, I don't think it is trivial at all. I also think it is exceedingly poor design that they've buried your upcoming reservations so deep that it took a number of us early adopters a few visits to even figure out how to access them.

Compare:

New US.com
1. Navigate to site
2. Click to access login page
3. Enter information and click to login...wait...wait
4. Click to access DM Account...wait..wait...wait
5. Scroll down two pages.

Delta.com
1. Navigate to site
2. Enter login information, click.
3. Click Itineraries & Check-in

I've identified a workaround that improves the US.com experience to three steps (though the site performance is still slow).
1. Navigate to http://membership.usairways.com
2. Enter login information...wait...wait..wait
3. Scroll down two pages
Old Aug 18, 2009, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL (Medallion), AA, WN, Scareways, HH, MR, SPG
I was booking an award trip the other day. Got the option to select the new or old site, decided to try the new. No saver flights were available for my trip in November. All were 50,000 each way for first class, and 25,000 for coach, and some were showing sold out.

Just on a whim, I decided to exit and go back in and select the old site. Well lo and behold, flights were available at the 12,500/25,000 levels, same days and same flights as before. I didn't change anything but the site. Scored my FC trip for 50,000.

Can't wait to finish the burn on my DM account. This is classic US! They can't get anything right!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.