USAir mileage used to purchase upgrade on SAS

Old Feb 22, 2009, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

USAir mileage used to purchase upgrade on SAS

Can I use a USAir mileage award to get an upgrade to business on partner SAS? Going IAD-CPH in July.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 6:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
No. You can only use US miles to upgrade US flights.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 6:37 am

Programs: UA, USAIR, SPG
usairways and united miles

when they merge i have reward miles on both what happens to the miles, right now i am short 14.000. on us airways for a business ticket they upped the miles needed from 80.000. to 100.000. wondering if they are going to combine once the merge or i will just loose them
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:34 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by chrissyd
when they merge i have reward miles on both what happens to the miles, right now i am short 14.000. on us airways for a business ticket they upped the miles needed from 80.000. to 100.000. wondering if they are going to combine once the merge or i will just loose them
There's no reason to believe right now that US and UA will merge.
UA is currently talking to CO as well as US regardng mergers.
Not sure what the odds are but I'd say it's just as likely that UA will merge with CO as it is that nobody merges with anyone.

So until it's clear who is merging with who, I'd just not worry about where the miles are and where they would end up.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:49 am

Programs: UA, USAIR, SPG
need more usair miles

any sugesstion how to get,more miles , i tried to apply for the usairways mc, but did not think to wait 6 month and got denied i closed this account in dec.2009
need about 14.000. more for business class did not catch there raising there miles in jan
Old Apr 24, 2010, 7:32 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by chrissyd
any sugesstion how to get,more miles , i tried to apply for the usairways mc, but did not think to wait 6 month and got denied i closed this account in dec.2009
need about 14.000. more for business class did not catch there raising there miles in jan
Willing to spend a bit? You can buy them outright for about $445.

Or if you know someone with an account (or open a new one for a spouse, family member, whomever), through May 31st you can transfer (US calls it sharing) and get a 100% bonus. So transfer 5000 to someone else, they'll get 10,000. They transfer the 10,000 back and you'll get 20,000 - a net gain of 15,000 for you.

Would cost $83.75 for the first transfer, $137.50 for the 2nd transfer. There's a thread on this here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.