Wiki Posts
Search

A321 Seats - Row 10

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2009, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS , AA CK
A321 Seats - Row 10

How much width do you lose in Seat 10A on A321? Is it noticeable?

What's the communities opinion on the best coach seat on the A321.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 5:39 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by Jace
How much width do you lose in Seat 10A on A321? Is it noticeable?

What's the communities opinion on the best coach seat on the A321.

I've never noticed the width difference. And the extra legroom and convenience (no need to step over people when you need to go to the bathroom) far outweigh any width difference.

Best seats, in order (assuming you prefer a window seat): 10F, 10A, 22F, 22A

While some here will say that 10A is the best seat, I believe 10F is your best bet. Here's why...

While 10D and 10E are listed as "exit row" seats, those two seats are really just regular coach seats because 9D and 9E are there, too. However, there is no 9F -- giving 10F unlimited legroom. So unless the flight is completely full, you will usually find that 10E is empty during flights because it is only available for Preferreds until the day of the flight (it's still officially in an exit row) -- and just about any Preferred knows that 10E is just a crappy middle seat.

Bottom line: if you book 10F, you'll likely have an empty seat next to you. This is sweet not just because there will be no one next to you, but also because you'll be able to put your "personal item" under 9E, keeping it handy for just after take-off. You have no under-seat access in the other exit row seats because there is no seat in front of you.

Because 9D and 9E also have ample legroom, getting up from 10F to walk around the cabin is still easy: just step forward and cross in front of Row 9 (no one has to get up for you to do so).

10A gets the nod over 22A and 22F because 10A (like 10F) has a window. 22A and 22F do not have windows.

I prefer 22F over 22A because sometimes the FA will allow me to store my personal item under 21F during take off. But keep in mind that 21F is so far away from 22F that you can't reach your belongings under 21F without getting out of your seat.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
I'm an aisle person and I prefer 22D. The legroom is incredible.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by me4yankees
I'm an aisle person and I prefer 22D. The legroom is incredible.
If you prefer the aisle, then why not 10C? It's closer to the front, so you get out faster.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS , AA CK
Originally Posted by tommyleo
I've never noticed the width difference. And the extra legroom and convenience (no need to step over people when you need to go to the bathroom) far outweigh any width difference.

Best seats, in order (assuming you prefer a window seat): 10F, 10A, 22F, 22A

While some here will say that 10A is the best seat, I believe 10F is your best bet. Here's why...

While 10D and 10E are listed as "exit row" seats, those two seats are really just regular coach seats because 9D and 9E are there, too. However, there is no 9F -- giving 10F unlimited legroom. So unless the flight is completely full, you will usually find that 10E is empty during flights because it is only available for Preferreds until the day of the flight (it's still officially in an exit row) -- and just about any Preferred knows that 10E is just a crappy middle seat.

Bottom line: if you book 10F, you'll likely have an empty seat next to you. This is sweet not just because there will be no one next to you, but also because you'll be able to put your "personal item" under 9E, keeping it handy for just after take-off. You have no under-seat access in the other exit row seats because there is no seat in front of you.

Because 9D and 9E also have ample legroom, getting up from 10F to walk around the cabin is still easy: just step forward and cross in front of Row 9 (no one has to get up for you to do so).

10A gets the nod over 22A and 22F because 10A (like 10F) has a window. 22A and 22F do not have windows.

I prefer 22F over 22A because sometimes the FA will allow me to store my personal item under 21F during take off. But keep in mind that 21F is so far away from 22F that you can't reach your belongings under 21F without getting out of your seat.

AWESOME! Thanks for the very detailed info. I'm going to stick to 10A since I was able to book it in advance via the phone. I'll be flying US every Monday now that UA has switched the time of their early morning ORD-CLT flight.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
If you prefer the aisle, then why not 10C? It's closer to the front, so you get out faster.
I actually prefer being at 22. If I do have to use the lav, it's right there.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 9:22 pm

Programs: US/*A, Marriott, ICH, Budget, Avis
I refer to the space in front of 10ABC as "the porch".
Old Feb 8, 2009, 9:28 pm

Programs: US Air CP/HHonors/Marriott
I was in 10A tonight and I am a big guy with long legs - it is not easy to get comfy in the super-narrow seats -

I dont know why those seats are so narrow on those rows, and why the armrest doesn't move up...
Old Feb 8, 2009, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by MarcPHL
I refer to the space in front of 10ABC as "the porch".
Does that makes the space in front of 22DEF the back porch?
Old Feb 8, 2009, 10:51 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by beergolftile
I dont know why those seats are so narrow on those rows, and why the armrest doesn't move up...
Presumably the tray table is in the armrest, since there's not a seat in the row ahead to mount the tray table on. So the armrest is both thicker (leaving less cushion width for a given seat width) and immovable.

Jim
Old Feb 8, 2009, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Presumably the tray table is in the armrest, since there's not a seat in the row ahead to mount the tray table on. So the armrest is both thicker (leaving less cushion width for a given seat width) and immovable.

Jim

Exactly. And that's another reason why 10F is the best seat: if no one sits in 10E, you can raise the armrest because there is a 9E, with a tray table behind it.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:36 pm

Programs: US Air Platinum, BA, SPG Gold, ICH Platinum
9D and 9E?

Since 9D and 9E have extra legroom, why doesn't anyone choose them?
Old Feb 12, 2009, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by newburyuk
Since 9D and 9E have extra legroom, why doesn't anyone choose them?
Actually, I would consider 9D and 9E to be equivalent to 10B and 10C.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 9:28 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairmans Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Premier, Avis First, Starwood Diamond
9D and 9E

Actually, I would consider 9D and 9E to be equivalent to 10B and 10C.
I am tall, and 9D and 9E are my two favorite seats, if the FA allows me to put my feet up on the barrier behind row 8...it is even more comfortable for me than FC...I have actually moved out of a bulkhead in FC to move to this seat.

It is ridiculously comfortable on a long haul.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 10:05 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (3 Million Mile Club), Global Entry
Originally Posted by BeenAroundTheWorld
I am tall, and 9D and 9E are my two favorite seats, if the FA allows me to put my feet up on the barrier behind row 8...it is even more comfortable for me than FC...I have actually moved out of a bulkhead in FC to move to this seat.

It is ridiculously comfortable on a long haul.
I agree on 9D and 9E. 10A is terrible. No shoulder room and as I recall the slide pocket on the door requires you angle your legs to the right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.