Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on combining FF tickets and voucher into single PNR?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2008, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Gold, Marriott Platinum
Advice on combining FF tickets and voucher into single PNR?

I'm looking to book a trip for my family, using FF miles for three tickets and a free RT voucher for the fourth. Anyone have any good ideas about how to do this, without having to call USAir and pay additional fees to book the whole setup with one of their agents? For example, can I book them separately, then contact USAir afterwards and ask them to link the two? Or, is there a better way to do this?

We've got two boys who will both be using car seats, so I don't want to put one of us on a second PNR by setting up the voucher separately. If I do that, Murphy will probably step in and I'll get an upgrade, and have to try to get the seats back together in coach, somehow.

Thanks for any advice!
Old Oct 3, 2008, 9:51 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
In my experience, there is no way to link such reservations into a single PNR.

However, you can definitely request that the revenue reservation be set up not to auto-upgrade. I've done this a few times when traveling with multiple people and it has worked every time.

There isn't much to be concerned about having three of you on one reservation and one on the other. They can make notes in the record of each one that refers to the other, but that's about as much linkage as you're going to achieve, given the different methods you wish to use to obtain the tickets.

I would book the revenue ticket for whichever person would make best use of the miles and EQMs and not worry about it.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Gold, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to give it a shot later this week - I'm 46 miles short of the third award ticket, but that's another story

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.