Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Staff meeting- Management concerned no other airline cut elite bonuses

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Staff meeting- Management concerned no other airline cut elite bonuses

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2008, 4:22 am

Soft drink Charge

I dont think any other airline has instituted this either?
Old Aug 4, 2008, 4:22 am

Programs: None
I assume that Ghery credits US flights to his/her MP account, not transfer the miles.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 8:33 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by dukeman
One thing to consider is that US didn't announce this until mid-June. 1/2 the year was already over. I'll bet there are some elites that are sticking with US until they hit their desired status for 2009 and then will jump ship later in 2008 or in 2009 and try to get a status match. So, just because they haven't already left doesn't mean that they aren't planning to leave. So perhaps in the short term US won't see a huge change, but give it a few months.....
Bingo! Once I hit *G, it really doesn't matter who I fly, but I can certainly shop it around then.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by mishugana
I dont think any other airline has instituted this either?
No.....but according to the FA I had yesterday, the sales are doing well, the complaints are few......and rumor has it the other airlines will make similar announcements this week.

Of course.....I'll believe it when I see it. If I were an airline management-type, I would be concentrating on branding myself as the airline which does NOT charge for water, soda and juice.....in the hopes that informed customers will choose my airline instead of the other guy. There is far more to be gained by selling tickets than by selling beverages.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:07 am

Programs: US Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SS255
Of course.....I'll believe it when I see it. If I were an airline management-type, I would be concentrating on branding myself as the airline which does NOT charge for water, soda and juice.....in the hopes that informed customers will choose my airline instead of the other guy. There is far more to be gained by selling tickets than by selling beverages.
Maybe the airlines just wait for the FFs to status match and then implement the changes too. When US eliminated the 500 mile minimum I think many US FFs switched to UA, who eliminated the 500 mile minimum a few months later. This way, UA increased their number of FFs and saved money.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:47 am

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
DL won't do segments and has higher mileage rqts for int'l awards.
Consider the 500 mile minimum. If you fly enough segments, you'll get there.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by KD5MDK
Consider the 500 mile minimum. If you fly enough segments, you'll get there.
Yeah, 200 of them! I did not add ATL as one of my reasons to not use DL. I can't do that to myself again.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:29 am

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by State fan
Yeah, 200 of them! I did not add ATL as one of my reasons to not use DL. I can't do that to myself again.
i'll get blasted if I'm wrong, but I think all of the skyteam - NW, DL, and CO are 75K for top level, so its actually 150 segments. still ugly....
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:40 am

You are right, spin88. 150 sounds a lot better than 200.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by spin88
i'll get blasted if I'm wrong, but I think all of the skyteam - NW, DL, and CO are 75K for top level, so its actually 150 segments. still ugly....
NW & CO offer platinum for 75k or 100 segments. DL is the only one that doesn't have EQS - for this year at least.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by ksucats
NW & CO offer platinum for 75k or 100 segments.
90 segments, 75k, last I checked!
Old Aug 4, 2008, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by me4yankees
90 segments, 75k, last I checked!
which airline? It took me 100 last year on NW.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ksucats
which airline? It took me 100 last year on NW.
It is 100 segments for NW and 90 for CO.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by dingo
You're kidding right? Wait until there is one single solitary snow flake in the air and all of Chicago is in a 100% ground stop for four hours on either side of that snowflake.
between all-around capacity cuts and the first of several new runways coming on line this autumn, the ORD experience should be less burdensome this year than last.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 5:06 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by dingo
You're kidding right? Wait until there is one single solitary snow flake in the air and all of Chicago is in a 100% ground stop for four hours on either side of that snowflake.
I know this is the CW, but it does not match my experience. I am now originating most of my trips from ABE, and I have found connecting thru IAD (75%) and ORD (25%) glitch free. And even if I run into a glitch or two this winter, it really has been better than the PHL experience (one raindrop and 2 hour delays).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.