Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Ask The Flight Attendant Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 8:22 am

The final manifest basically shows us every type of status from nonrevenue to the highest frequent flyer. To answer your second question I treat everyone on the airplane exactly the same whether they are a non-rev or they paid $200 or $10,000 for the flight
There is no reason why everyone on board should not be treated with kindness and respect regardless of status held.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Meals for Pilots

I was wondering about whether the pilots pre-select their meals. For example, when there are 16FC seats, there are usually 12 egg breakfasts and 4 oatmeal breakfasts. After FC is served, I see the FA serve the pilots 2 meals. Do they pre-select what they want or somehow get what's left of (perhaps) 18 meals loaded on board? Thanks in advance for the answer.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
It was pure laziness and should be reported to US Airways as this behavior is not appropriate.
I flew with a younger, dark haired, male flight attendant yesterday on an E175 and he did the exact same thing. Kind of awkward feeling.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by apeortdz
I was wondering about whether the pilots pre-select their meals. For example, when there are 16FC seats, there are usually 12 egg breakfasts and 4 oatmeal breakfasts. After FC is served, I see the FA serve the pilots 2 meals. Do they pre-select what they want or somehow get what's left of (perhaps) 18 meals loaded on board? Thanks in advance for the answer.
Over on the UA board I recall mention of a specific flight deck meal for flights where they were fed. Two boarded, usually only one option (not from the same menu as pax). I believe one pilot mentioned hot sauce was on his MEL they were all so bland.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 1:39 pm

Usually the same meal you're serving f/c. Always have 2 extra boarded, they get one of each choice and decide amongst themselves who gets what.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are there PHL crews operating TATL out of CLT? I know there was at a certain time, but I thought that was over. There are lots of northern accents handling CLT TATL flights lately so just wondering if they were out of base swaps or the norm?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are there PHL crews operating TATL out of CLT? I know there was at a certain time, but I thought that was over. There are lots of northern accents handling CLT TATL flights lately so just wondering if they were out of base swaps or the norm?
I haven't worked with any PHL-based crew recently. But I don't actually know if Philly crew work TATL from CLT or vise-verca. If they do, I would love to work PHL-TLV, PHL-VCE or PHL-ATH!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Don't discount commuting... I know (or know of) ~6 people who've become FAs from my home town (Cleveland), all (except the UA one) commute to ATL or CLT. Sure, one is named Anek Dotal... but you get my point.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
I don't know if this is the correct place, but I have a question about push back times. It really stinks when the plane leaves the gate 18 minutes early and you arrive at the gate from your connection at 17 minutes. Is this "leave 10 minutes before departure time" a policy now, and what would cause/allow a push back even earlier than that?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:28 pm

Flight number and date?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
Apologies... corporate travel portal screw-up. The flight left on time (actually 2 minutes "late"), but the travel portal didn't let me know of the "minor" (20 mins) change in time of the connection.

The experience does make me wonder if I need to bite the bullet on my vacation plans and change the 50 minute layover in CLT (0850-0940) to a 2:45 one. Would hate to ride in the back of the plane in a middle seat instead of F, separated from the other 3 people in our party because of a 10-minute delay (which can happen easily in JAN).
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by iplaybass
Apologies... corporate travel portal screw-up. The flight left on time (actually 2 minutes "late"), but the travel portal didn't let me know of the "minor" (20 mins) change in time of the connection.

The experience does make me wonder if I need to bite the bullet on my vacation plans and change the 50 minute layover in CLT (0850-0940) to a 2:45 one. Would hate to ride in the back of the plane in a middle seat instead of F, separated from the other 3 people in our party because of a 10-minute delay (which can happen easily in JAN).
I travel a couple of times a year so I am by no means anywhere near as experiences as most on this board but I have changed my flight planning for the exact reason you mentioned above, I got burned by minor delays/timing issues and was re-ticketed into coach for the next available flight.

Now I look for a minimum layover of 1:30 and don't discount 3hr layovers. We can take our time (most of the time) and kill time in the lounge if we need to.

Our flying is for vacations. I may feel different if it was travel for business.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:54 pm

Thank you! [Member GalleyWench says goodbye]

I would like to thank everyone on these forums that I've had the pleasure to converse with over the last several years. I'd also like to say thanks for showing me things from the other side of the fence. More than anything I thank all of you for your patronage and continued support of US over the years through a lot of thick and a lot of thin!
For several reasons I will no longer be posting on FT, but I sincerely wish eveyone the best.
Take care and fly safe!
Galley Wench
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Sorry to see you leave FT. I have very much enjoyed your posts.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:44 pm

Sorry to see you leave FT. I have very much enjoyed your posts.
Me too! Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.