Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Ask The Flight Attendant Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2008, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by Katja
T

(And it's the Air Carrier Access Act, not the Americans with Disabilities Act.)
Thanks, Katja!
Old May 19, 2008, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by GaryZ
If those of us who enjoy wine in a real glass bring on own on-board will/can you use it?

Why not! I think that would be a hoot! Just make sure it says "Gary" on it.

What's the one thing you get asked alot that really annoys you?

Is this your route? On more levels than you can imagine.

What requests do the really savvy pax make that most don't know about?

Nothing, really! The savvy pax is the best pax. They are more likely to be on their cell phones the moment the you know what hits the fan. They get angry less about things like weather. The most savvy passengers. NYC, Boston, and DCA business travelers.

btw, I echo want others have already said: great idea for a thread ^
Old May 19, 2008, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by flight62
btw, I echo want others have already said: great idea for a thread

You were the one who started it
Old May 19, 2008, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by me4yankees
If there is a loophole, it would be that the crew speaks, reads, and understands Spanish.

I still think that since US Airways is an American carrier with an English-speaking crew, the exit row passengers must be able to speak, read, and understand English. They are supposed to read the seatback card, be able to follow oral commands given by the crew, and give the FA a verbal yes (In English, I think!) that they understand their responsibility.
You are correct Professeur Beth! US flag carriers require that passengers seated in the exit row speak, read and understand English. F/As assess this at the exit row during boarding.
Old May 19, 2008, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iztok

You were the one who started it
That came as part of another quote. I'm not an egomaniac. See post 42. GaryZ said that.
Old May 19, 2008, 5:46 pm

Senior trips in order (CLT)

1. One day islands trips.
2. C.O.D. (Continuous On Duty) trips..last flight out at night..first out back in
in morning.
3. Two day redeyes...i.e leave CLT-SFO at 740 am and come back that night on the redeye.
4. Any 1 day trip.
5. Any 2 day trip.
6. 3 day redeyes...i.e leave CLT-SFO at 6 pm..Leave the following night on redeye.
7. Any 3 day.
8 4 days.
Senior trips in order: DCA

1. 1-day out-and-back. DCA-BOS-DCA, pays 5+00. Worked by F/A numbers one (Ms. 50 years flight attendant of the year Betty), number two, and number three.

2. All-nighter.

3. Regular Shuttle (4 legs)
Old May 19, 2008, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by *Propofol*
You are correct Professeur Beth! US flag carriers require that passengers seated in the exit row speak, read and understand English. F/As assess this at the exit row during boarding.
Welcome to FlyerTalk! And I sit there quite often! Plus, I speak English, French and Spanish!
Old May 19, 2008, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

I hear thunder!
Old May 19, 2008, 6:01 pm

Don't forget it you ever need to go to the bathroom, there is an onboard wheelchair provided.
The wheelchair is provided....and that is all. I have never seen an F/A actually assist in the tranferrence to chair or lav as it is not a part of the duties (I don't think, but I'm confused by the new transfer board)
Old May 19, 2008, 6:06 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk! And I sit there quite often! Plus, I speak English, French and Spanish!
Me too + one Asian language. I've pm'ed you before. You're at SwVCC where it's rural and beautiful.
Old May 19, 2008, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

The wheelchair is provided....and that is all. I have never seen an F/A actually assist in the tranferrence to chair or lav as it is not a part of the duties (I don't think, but I'm confused by the new transfer board)
I have used it once in 21 years. The person was pretty capable.
Old May 19, 2008, 6:13 pm

I have used it once in 21 years. The person was pretty capable.
I've looked at the wheelchair once, it looked sort of capable.
Old May 19, 2008, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Me too + one Asian language. I've pm'ed you before.
But on another forum, correct?
Old May 19, 2008, 6:24 pm

But on another forum, correct?
Uh huh
Old May 19, 2008, 6:26 pm

Programs: US Plat, SPG Gold
Welcome to FT Propofol you're input is certainly appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.