Award ticket - How do you upgrade?

Old Apr 12, 2007, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold
Award ticket - How do you upgrade?

My wife and 2 children are due to fly back from Disneyland in 2 days. I signed them all up for the elite trial program hoping to get them all upgraded to make the trip more special. No luck for the outward flight.

The problem I have is that I booked one of my kids on an award tickets. My wife and daughter have been upgraded to F but my son has not. It is a case of all or nothing as he does not like to fly and my daughter is too young to sit on her own.

I contacted the platinum line and they told me there was no way to get him upgraded because he is on an award ticket. Is there any way I can get him into F as this would be a nice suprise for them to finish their vacation.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 7:21 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
No not really.

Unless you get to the airport and there are some open F seats and you get a sympathetic GA that will let you...
Old Apr 12, 2007, 7:36 pm

Programs: US Airways Platinum
If you can't get that that last F seat for the award ticket, I would let the wife and 2 kids ride up front. I think they may enjoy it, especially since you probably ride around in airplanes more than they do.

But you never know, a nice GA at the airport might give you an F seat if they are still available at the airport.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
GoUpgrades

Originally Posted by Irish Alien
My wife and 2 children are due to fly back from Disneyland in 2 days. I signed them all up for the elite trial program hoping to get them all upgraded to make the trip more special. No luck for the outward flight.

The problem I have is that I booked one of my kids on an award tickets. My wife and daughter have been upgraded to F but my son has not. It is a case of all or nothing as he does not like to fly and my daughter is too young to sit on her own.

I contacted the platinum line and they told me there was no way to get him upgraded because he is on an award ticket. Is there any way I can get him into F as this would be a nice suprise for them to finish their vacation.
Dear me4yankees,

Thank you for visiting usairways.com.

I apologize for the delayed response to your email. We are currently
experiencing a high volume of emails since the merge of the US Airways
and America West reservation systems. Thank you for your patience and
continued support of the new US Airways.

The only way to upgrade on an award ticket is to purchase the upgrade
30 hours prior to departure. If available, you will be given that option
during web check in.

You may upgrade to First Class 30 hours to 30 minutes prior to your
scheduled departure time at the US Airways/America West airport ticket
counter, your departure gate, one of the QIKCHECK-IN kiosks, while
using US Airways Web Check-In, or by calling US Airways Reservations at
800-428-4322. Upgrades may be purchased at the rate of $50 per 500
miles. Direct flights are calculated ORIGIN-TO-DESTINATION.

GoFirst is available up to 30 hours prior to departure on domestic
flights for $50-$250, depending on length of flight.

GoEnvoy is available up to 30 hours prior to departure on flights
to/from Europe for $500. GoEnvoy upgrades are available the day of
departure at the ticket counter in the airport.

Use the following link to view additional information and Terms and
Conditions.

http://www.usairways.com/awa/content...oupgrades.aspx

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to
reply or call our Internet Support Desk at (800) 327-7810. We know that you have many choices and we thank you for choosing US Airways!
Old Apr 13, 2007, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by USEast1
If you can't get that that last F seat for the award ticket, I would let the wife and 2 kids ride up front. I think they may enjoy it, especially since you probably ride around in airplanes more than they do.

But you never know, a nice GA at the airport might give you an F seat if they are still available at the airport.
Thank you for your help. I could not go to Disneyland with them. The award ticket is my sons and he will not fly unless he is beside his mom.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.