Wiki Posts
Search

Jeans in First - Threatened to be moved to coach

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2007, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by me4yankees
Elites have to be a certain age and/or dress a certain way? I believe we have a number of younger elites as well as non-business elites on this forum, right?
I'm in college and a Silver
Old Apr 11, 2007, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Econ1
I'm in college and a Silver
In college also...Plat
Old Apr 11, 2007, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, *G, Marriott Platinum
I'm in college and have been Preferred since my highschool days. (then Silver, now Gold)
FWIW, I always travel in slacks, dress shirt, and usually a sportcoat, whether in F or Y, which might belie my age.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:34 pm
PHXFqtvl

Originally Posted by me4yankees
Elites have to be a certain age and/or dress a certain way?
Absolutely not. When I worked at US/HP I regularly worked with the parents of an 8-year old gold elite member. His mom lived in LAS and dad lived in LAX and dad would fly him to LAX every other weekend. He was entilted to the same upgrades and any other elite privilages that anyone else would have.

There is NO dress code for elite members other than common decency. The only dress codes are non-revenue passengers (employees and their families and sometimes travel agents). Non-revenue passengers under the age of 12 can't get an upgrade either, by the way.

Old Apr 12, 2007, 5:10 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by PHXFqtvl
Absolutely not. When I worked at US/HP I regularly worked with the parents of an 8-year old gold elite member. His mom lived in LAS and dad lived in LAX and dad would fly him to LAX every other weekend. He was entilted to the same upgrades and any other elite privilages that anyone else would have.

There is NO dress code for elite members other than common decency. The only dress codes are non-revenue passengers (employees and their families and sometimes travel agents). Non-revenue passengers under the age of 12 can't get an upgrade either, by the way.
My point exactly! We come from all walks, so the FA should not assume anything. If he/she has a question, he/she could ask privately.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 8:22 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
After 6 pages, which is pretty ridiculous, let me lay this to rest. There is NO F/C dress code UNLESS you are an employee. The f/a was either wrong or thought the customer was an employee.

If you have the money or miles, you can bring your entire family of six kids and all dress in thongs. There is NOT and should NOT be a dress code.

AND, until F/C IS FIRST CLASS, NO employee should complain about how people dress.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 8:50 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Wink question?

ok, so i have a question.... is there really a dress code for First Class passengers?.......

hehe
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:02 am

Programs: US Silver
Originally Posted by jmpeace501
ok, so i have a question.... is there really a dress code for First Class passengers?.......

hehe
Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. We'll have to arrange for you to have a dressing down (or should that be dressing up?) from that FA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.