Jeans in First - Threatened to be moved to coach

Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
How many of those do you see?????????

Perhaps this can help.
Oh come on

I see tons of HOT F College students in the F Cabin outta LAX all the time...(that plus I upgraded them at the gate by sneaking a peek at their BP and look at their seq # then talk to the GA about working QIK or let them in on the secret)
Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by usa18dca
Oh come on

I see tons of HOT F College students in the F Cabin outta LAX all the time...(that plus I upgraded them at the gate by sneaking a peek at their BP and look at their seq # then talk to the GA about working QIK or let them in on the secret)
In the last year or so I have been on flights out of LAX with Carmine Electra and Darryl Hannah in first. A few years before that, Emma Samms. However, none of those were US.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:32 pm

In the last year or so I have been on flights out of LAX with Carmine Electra and Darryl Hannah in first. A few years before that, Emma Samms. However, none of those were US.
Of Course I bet it was on AA/UA
Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, US CP, *W Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Maybe you/your wife really should have filled out that USAir Visa application...

Seriously, I'm amazed they were even awake...I take the SFO-CLT red-eye regularly and often find the entire crew (who are there primarily for our safety) crashed out in the last row.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by usa18dca
Of Course I bet it was on AA/UA
Yes, Carmine and Emma on UA, Darryl on AA. On the AA flight I was sort of dozing off in an aisle seat in business and woke up as she walked past headed from first to go to the business class bathroom. Talk about a startling way to wake up And yes, it really was here and I saw her when I was completely awake and walking through JFK.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 10:44 pm

Programs: US CP, United Premier, Continental Silver Elite
I usually fly in shorts and a tee shirt coming home from DCA to FLL in FC. I dont turn any heads because its a tourist route and pple prob figure I am on vacation. My fav is when I wear crap like that going to DCA for the work week on the 7AM flight. All the other business people in suits look at me like who the hell is this. That is until they see I have a higher status then they do
Old Apr 10, 2007, 12:25 am

Carmine? The "Big Ragoo" Electra?
Old Apr 10, 2007, 12:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
This has been burning me up for awhile: I was standing behind a "young" guy at the US customer service booth in the DCA gates a few weeks ago. He was angry he didn't get upgraded when the flight had F open for upgrades. The CSR told him they don't don't upgrade people in "jeans, t-shirts and baseball hats." He had all three on. But when my wife and I got seated in F, I saw people with all 3 too. Granted, he wore his hat sideays and it didn't have a preppy Gap style. Is it all in how you wear it? I guess so.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
Hmm, was I in DCA??? Nope, but sounds like my Friday commuting attire. I'll try to spruce it up a little more this week. I promise to turn my hat forward and tuck in my shoelaces.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by PointJunkie
Carmine? The "Big Ragoo" Electra?
Duh. Sorry, thats how we spell it on the turnip truck. Carmen Electra would be the correct way, however. It does seem that there was no doubt of who I meant. In order to eliminate any doubt, however, and to attone for my error, I have provided an image.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 9:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
In summers, you'll often find me in F in shorts, flip flops, and a t-shirt. I dare any FA to say anything.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 9:30 am

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by Jumpgate
In summers, you'll often find me in F in shorts, flip flops, and a t-shirt. I dare any FA to say anything.
Don't worry, the rest of us are saying stuff under our breath.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 9:34 am

Programs: AA, B6, CO, DL, FL, UA, US Gold (only took 10k miles), WN, Amtrak
Originally Posted by sdlevi27
you could show up with only a barrel and black straps and they should let you on the plane.
I can just imagine how TSA would respond to that.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 9:35 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Originally Posted by photojojo
Don't worry, the rest of us are saying stuff under our breath.
Why? I'm clean, polite, have superb personal hygiene, I don't pick at my feet, nor do I drink too much nor bug the person sitting next to me nor put my feet up on the wall. I'm a non-FTD CP and a model F passenger. If the guy in a suit next to me is insulted (or jealous) that I'm comfortable, that's his problem.

If it's 100 degrees outside then I feel no guilt for wearing an expensive pair of Reefs (> Tevas!!) into F. Would I do it after a day exercising or running on the beach? Of course not.

I'm from San Diego - flip flops are valid footwear.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 9:36 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
This makes me think that the FA thought your wife was a non rev. Not sure why though?
I agree with this. Also, the threat to "reseat" can only mean that the FA thought the passenger was a non-rev. No FA would reseat a paying passenger.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.