Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Club

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:27 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum & Million Miler. Hilton Diamond
I use priority pass as US doesn't have a club in SJU and that's where the majority of my layover time is spent. Priority pass gets you into clubs all over the world and its not tied to one airline. If you negotiate with them you can usually get your first year for about $329. I use this card regularly in SJU (CO Crown Room and DL club), PHL (A-West US club and RCC), DCA (RCC), LAS (US), PHX (US), I even used it in Rotterdam when I was flying Transavia! You dont' have to be flying the airline on the day you use the club. The only downside is there is no club in CLT that is part of the system. Its definitely something to look into.

Sean
Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by Cadillac
So I have never been in the US Air Club, but just got an e-mail with a free one-day pass. I will be in CLT this Saturday... is there a particular club that is better than the others? Of course..I have no idea which concourse my flight is going out of..

On another note.. why can't they let you use miles to purchase the membership... I'm sure more people would use it and maybe it would get better.
The C-D club at CLT is much larger than the B club. If you walk to the back, you'll get a great view of the tarmac, as well as alot of natural sunlight (assuming it's sunny).

We used to be able to use miles for club memberships. It's a shame they revoked that option- especially now that it's so darned hard to use miles for anything.

I view my club membership as a justifiable indulgence. It's paid off handsomely during lengthy delays and on those days when terminal 1 at LAX is insufferable. If my financial circumstances were to change, I would probably let my membership lapse.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by Nutzz
I was wondering if the club membership is worth it? Never been before and just want to see opinions on it.

I have been a member to Crown Club and World Perks Club for two years now, but with having to travel US, I find those memberships near the end.

Does US have free drinks like the others?... I did not see it listed on their site. IF not, are they expensive?

Thanks in advance for all your advise and help!
It depends on your flying of course, but if you are going to be flying US a lot I would say absolutely. The two benefits that are most important for me about a club are 1) a way to get away from the crowds and lines at the airports so that I can work or relax in peace and 2) a place to go for reticketing or other things as well as to just wait during times of irregular operations.

While the US Clubs dont have free drinks, they serve the above purposes well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.