International Award Tickets

Old Apr 3, 2007, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

International Award Tickets

Should the $ 10 fee apply for international award tickets on partner airlines? It seems to me that it shouldn't, because these are not bookable via the internet, and the description of service fees states that fees don't apply to interline tickets.

Secondly, is there a glitch in SHARES which causes the receipt to print saying it is coach class, when it is actually business class? If not, mabye this is another enhancement in the new system.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by USAflyer
Should the $ 10 fee apply for international award tickets on partner airlines? It seems to me that it shouldn't, because these are not bookable via the internet, and the description of service fees states that fees don't apply to interline tickets.

Secondly, is there a glitch in SHARES which causes the receipt to print saying it is coach class, when it is actually business class? If not, mabye this is another enhancement in the new system.
It would be great if US didn't charge the $10 fee to book tickets that can't be booked through their website. However, it's not unreasonable they do charge it -- think of it as, "if you need to talk to a reservation agent for whatever reason, a $10 fee applies" and in some cases there's an alternative where you don't have to.

Yes, there does seem to be a glitch in the new system that class of service isn't printed properly on receipts, at least for some types of tickets. The award tickets I booked last month showed "coach" for all segments even though some where business class on *A partners. A call to US confirmed that they were in the proper classes. Also in my case I had to have paper tickets, and the codes on the tickets themselves seem to be for the proper classes. Still, I hope it's fixed soon since I'm sure it results in a lot of panicked calls.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.