Current Baggage Allowance???

Old Apr 1, 2007, 2:24 pm
ToJ
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HiltonHonors Diamond
Current Baggage Allowance???

Can anybody out there confirm US Airways' current baggage allowance for Platinum Pref/*Gold for a LGW-PHL-PHF flight?
On the US Airways site, I cannot find a single clear section but have gathered that the basic allowance is 2 bags checked, 50 lbs each.
It then states somewhere else that as *Gold there is an extra allowance which in the preferred section is explained as an extra bag for North to South American flights, but nothing else.
On the *Alliance site, it shows that as a *Gold member, I get 44 lbs/20 kg additional weight or one additional bag for North to South America.
On my last trip from LGW-PHF at check in, they had notices that they would not accept bags heavier than 23 kg (I think that is linked to UK airport restrictions).
So... do I get 2 checked bags at 50 lbs with a "tolerance" of 44 lbs/20 kg or does US Airways not honor the *Alliance guidelines?
Does this change when I upgrade to Envoy?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!
Old Apr 1, 2007, 3:50 pm

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by ToJ
On my last trip from LGW-PHF at check in, they had notices that they would not accept bags heavier than 23 kg (I think that is linked to UK airport restrictions).
That's not the case; I recently checked two bags > 23kg at LGW (on CO).
Old Apr 1, 2007, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by ToJ
Can anybody out there confirm US Airways' current baggage allowance for Platinum Pref/*Gold for a LGW-PHL-PHF flight?
On the US Airways site, I cannot find a single clear section but have gathered that the basic allowance is 2 bags checked, 50 lbs each.
It then states somewhere else that as *Gold there is an extra allowance which in the preferred section is explained as an extra bag for North to South American flights, but nothing else.
On the *Alliance site, it shows that as a *Gold member, I get 44 lbs/20 kg additional weight or one additional bag for North to South America.
So... do I get 2 checked bags at 50 lbs with a "tolerance" of 44 lbs/20 kg or does US Airways not honor the *Alliance guidelines?
Does this change when I upgrade to Envoy?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!
http://www.usairways.com/awa/content...epolicies.aspx
Old Apr 2, 2007, 1:56 am
ToJ
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HiltonHonors Diamond
That is the one section I could find as well, but how does my *Gold status alter this?
Old Apr 2, 2007, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
This is all it says for PP:

http://www.usairways.com/awa/content.../platinum.aspx

It does not mention what the extra allowance is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.