Problem with miles from National Car Rental

Old Mar 25, 2007, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, CET Diamond, MGM Gold
Problem with miles from National Car Rental

Hello,
Last month on business I rented a car for 10 days from National, using the triple miles promotion. I booked the car through the US website link, so I was sure that the promo code was entered. I also confirmed the promo with the woman at the National car counter at pickup, but the miles still have not posted. No specific time frame was stated on the website (eg 6-8 weeks as noted on FTD.com) for mileage posting, so I was wondering if my call should be directed towards the DMSC or to National? Anyone with experience or advice would be welcome. Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2007, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: US Chairmans, Air Tran Elite, NWA Silver, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by nottooshabby
Hello,
Last month on business I rented a car for 10 days from National, using the triple miles promotion. I booked the car through the US website link, so I was sure that the promo code was entered. I also confirmed the promo with the woman at the National car counter at pickup, but the miles still have not posted. No specific time frame was stated on the website (eg 6-8 weeks as noted on FTD.com) for mileage posting, so I was wondering if my call should be directed towards the DMSC or to National? Anyone with experience or advice would be welcome. Thanks!
Call National customer service for assistance. The DMSC as with any partner mileage problem will generally refer you back to the partner for assistance.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, CET Diamond, MGM Gold
mrhotelman,
So I called National customer service and the CSR tells me that the miles will post 6-8 weeks after the promo ends. I told her that the triple miles promo ends December 31, 2007. She then told me to expect the miles sometime in April 2008! Is this right? Anyone with a different experience? Thanks! (shoulda stayed with Hertz . . . )
Old Mar 27, 2007, 9:48 pm

You have to talk to the partner... in this case National. They are the only ones authorized to release the miles to the airline. I'm still waiting for National and Courtyard Marriott miles to post from January and February. It can take up to 90 days. I usually call after 60 days. Sometimes the partner says it's not them. It absolutely IS them.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
You might want to look at your National rental receipt. At National it is possible to book a rental from an airline link and still not get airline miles.

If you your receipt doesn't show a FF surcharge then you won't get miles until you call, as your frequent flyer number was not entered. Strange that the National site doesn't prompt you for a frequent flyer number when you link from an airline site.

To their credit, I 've not had a problem getting the miles manually added after the fact.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 11:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: US Chairmans, Air Tran Elite, NWA Silver, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by nottooshabby
mrhotelman,
So I called National customer service and the CSR tells me that the miles will post 6-8 weeks after the promo ends. I told her that the triple miles promo ends December 31, 2007. She then told me to expect the miles sometime in April 2008! Is this right? Anyone with a different experience? Thanks! (shoulda stayed with Hertz . . . )
National was a good company til they became one with Alamo. That brought them way down in terms of service, etc. Not surprised you got an answer like you did, but unfortunately working with National directly is your only means of obtaining the miles. One other suggestion might be to contact the DMSC to see if they have a specific contact that they use with National. They may or may not release such info, but it doesnt hurt to ask.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 12:13 am

Programs: LT Marriott Uber Titanium; From US CP to dirt (Its been a while)
I had this same problem from last Dec. US and National both blamed the other. US repeatedly (4-5 times) promised me that they would manually add the miles but never did. I never did get the miles....Maybe I'll annoy the CP dest again since they promised to have a supervisor call me about it when it got fixed. 2nd time they've promised to have someone call me but no one calls.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 9:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ackpfft
I had this same problem from last Dec. US and National both blamed the other. US repeatedly (4-5 times) promised me that they would manually add the miles but never did. I never did get the miles....Maybe I'll annoy the CP dest again since they promised to have a supervisor call me about it when it got fixed. 2nd time they've promised to have someone call me but no one calls.
US is not responsible for giving you the miles as the request has to come from National. In most cases its the partner that isnt holding up their end of the bargain.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.