Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Million Mile Flyer Recognition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2007, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Million Mile Flyer Recognition

Just got the following in my e-DM statement. One word comes to mind: Lame.

"You're a Million Mile Flyer on US
We know that you’ve had choices when you fly and we are honored that you choose to fly with US. In the coming weeks, you’ll be receiving a personalized certificate of accomplishment and letter from our Chairman and CEO, Doug Parker, thanking you for your continued support of US Airways. We appreciate your dedication and commitment to our airline and we want you to know that we consider you a big part of the team that makes US fly."
Old Mar 21, 2007, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by ARLVACP
Just got the following in my e-DM statement. One word comes to mind: Lame.

"You're a Million Mile Flyer on US
We know that you’ve had choices when you fly and we are honored that you choose to fly with US. In the coming weeks, you’ll be receiving a personalized certificate of accomplishment and letter from our Chairman and CEO, Doug Parker, thanking you for your continued support of US Airways. We appreciate your dedication and commitment to our airline and we want you to know that we consider you a big part of the team that makes US fly."
Ooooh! A certificate!
Old Mar 21, 2007, 2:34 pm

Programs: US AA
I don't want to sound naive, but what are those million miles worth in dollars to US? I am probably asking too much, but I would recommend a recognition program for million milers to include, heaven forbid, two comp R/T tickets anywhere. Again, too much to ask for . . .
Old Mar 21, 2007, 2:44 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by me4yankees
Ooooh! A certificate!
Will it be suitable for framing?

Also, where's the coupon for a free beer?
Old Mar 21, 2007, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by jimcfsus
Will it be suitable for framing?

Also, where's the coupon for a free beer?
Check Doug's wallet
Old Mar 21, 2007, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Newbie, so I'll be nice.

There's an active, 71-post thread on this already - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=668578
Old Mar 21, 2007, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by sdlevi27
Check Doug's wallet
Certificate probably has an ad on it somewhere! (perhaps Bud/Bud Light?)
Old Mar 21, 2007, 7:55 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Sponsored by Anheiser-Busch.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by jimcfsus
Sponsored by Anheiser-Busch.
"Bud Light salutes you, US Million Miler Man (Woman)"
Old Mar 21, 2007, 8:02 pm

Bud Light? We don't serve 'dem micro-brews on US. Coming soon to US: Naddy Light or maybe Iron City.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 8:04 pm

Bud Light? We don't serve 'dem micro-brews on US. Coming soon to US: Naddy Light or maybe Iron City.
No more Bud, Bud Light, Heineken? (ha!)
Old Mar 21, 2007, 8:05 pm

This is TPT Airways now. Mickey's Big Mouth or PBR is the preferred choice of brew. Iron City is too high class for this group.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 8:07 pm

No more Bud, Bud Light, Heineken? (ha!)
Seriously though, why doesn't US serve Yuengling? You can't get it up in New England and I'd go out of my way to fly US if I could get some!

For those of you who don't know, Yuengling is America's oldest brewery in Pottstown, PA. It's as Philadelphia as cheesesteaks and Ben Franklin.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 8:12 pm

Seriously though, why doesn't US serve Yuengling? You can't get it up in New England and I'd go out of my way to fly US if I could get some!

For those of you who don't know, Yuengling is America's oldest brewery in Pottstown, PA. It's as Philadelphia as cheesesteaks and Ben Franklin.
Not too too long ago (5 years or so), they had Sam Adams and/or New Amsterdam on the Shuttle!

I like Yuengling. We only get the lager and light in stores in VA, but I have had the Black and Tan in PA.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Maybe an invitation to join DoUgIe for drinks in Tempe....don't worry, he'll drive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.