Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Woops. Did I just lose 50k miles?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2007, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Woops. Did I just lose 50k miles?

With the recent computer glitches with the reservation systems and what not I went ahead and canceled an F award ticket to LAS for next week just to play it safe. However, after I canceled it online I noticed this text:

"Award tickets booked online are eligible for redeposit into your account if they are cancelled through the Dividend Miles Service Center a minimum of 10 days prior to date of departure. A redeposit fee of $100 per passenger will apply."

I canceled the ticket at 11 days (mostly on a whim), BUT, I did it online and not on the phone.

Two questions come to mind, 1: when did they start charging for redeposit and 2: did I just shaft myself out of 50,000 miles? Not that it really matters in the long run, but still.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 10:21 pm

Programs: USAir, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Avis, Hertz
If you haven't already done so, call them now and see what they do. I cancelled a trip in December after being shut out of Dallas due to weather. We elected not to make the trip after they said they'd send us out the next day. I didn't cancel my reservation until the day of the original flight (day before the flight actually left). They re-posted the miles without much hassle. I don't recall paying $100, but probably wouldn't have .....ed too much about it if they charged me since I cancelled so late in the game.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.