Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Upgrade - Automatic or do i have to call 3 days in advance?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2007, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Gold Upgrade - Automatic or do i have to call 3 days in advance?

HI everyone,
I am a gold preferred on USAIRWAYS... and they said I can get an upgrade 3 days in advance. Do I have to call in at the phone number on the back of the card? Or will they upgrade me automatically? So, when I get on the computer to check in... they will bump me up???

Please help. thanks
A
Old Mar 19, 2007, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
It is supposed to be automatic and you should get an upgrade status e-mail. If you do not, then call.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
I am Gold and lately, it has all been automatic. Doesn't hurt to call, but the wait time will be long this week.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
What about companions (same PNR)? I've read recently on FT that you need to call for them at the window, but the gold line told me tonight it's automatic too. I'll find out in 1h:20m, but I'd like to goto sleep if it has been automatic for anyone lately.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:53 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by MayorMcKnife
What about companions (same PNR)? I've read recently on FT that you need to call for them at the window, but the gold line told me tonight it's automatic too. I'll find out in 1h:20m, but I'd like to goto sleep if it has been automatic for anyone lately.
I was told to call, call, call in that situation. YMMV.

If I miss the UG, I call.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 10:25 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
I've had two flights last week with companion (Silver) where no email notification came. I called the gold line once my window opened and they upgraded me on the spot for both flights. One of the flights I was at the DCA lounge and they told me they could see the upgrades available but coundn't do it due to the reservation system migration!

My advice - if you don't get an email, call them and see what they can do for you. We're still not at the point of truly automatic upgrades.

Originally Posted by MayorMcKnife
Old Mar 20, 2007, 4:28 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
When you can get through, online chat will work as well.

I got an upgrade for a companion and me this past week within the correct window (Plat and Silver.)
Old Mar 20, 2007, 4:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
So I woke up at 6:00 this morning and no email for me (or companion). Called US and easily got the bump. The woman said that I didn't get the auto upgrade and email because my resi was pre-SHARES. Maybe, we'll see next week......
Old Mar 20, 2007, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Who thought getting an upgrade is easy...

Wow. Thanks everyone for your replies. Really... everything supposed to be automatic, but not always... Life is never easy... getting an upgrade is not easy... gee.. Can't they make life a little simplier? Best to call... but on hold forever.... even on the gold line...!! Gee..

Thanks all.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by hotcutiepie
Wow. Thanks everyone for your replies. Really... everything supposed to be automatic, but not always... Life is never easy... getting an upgrade is not easy... gee.. Can't they make life a little simplier? Best to call... but on hold forever.... even on the gold line...!! Gee..

Thanks all.
Try online chat...
Old Mar 20, 2007, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I have gotten several "upgrade/sorry, no upgrade" e-mails since this program was implemented. Not one of them has in the middle of the night after my window opened. Most have arrived in the middle of the night the day after my window opened....if at all. But when I have gotten upgraded, it has shown me in F in the "my trips" section of the website. If you do not receive an e-mail, you may want to check "my trips" first, and if the website shows you in Y, then call or do online chat.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by SS255
I have gotten several "upgrade/sorry, no upgrade" e-mails since this program was implemented. Not one of them has in the middle of the night after my window opened. Most have arrived in the middle of the night the day after my window opened....if at all. But when I have gotten upgraded, it has shown me in F in the "my trips" section of the website. If you do not receive an e-mail, you may want to check "my trips" first, and if the website shows you in Y, then call or do online chat.
I got the upgrade e-mail today...saying last name did not match...called in and got my seats

LAX-LAX-YYC
Old Mar 20, 2007, 10:26 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Gold upgrade worked for me at the 72-hour mark.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 11:46 am

Programs: UA Silver, AMEX Platinum, SPG Gold
I have received upgrade emails for all flights recently. One confirmation came during my window (Gold) and said I got it for one leg, but not the next. The next day I got the confirmation of the upgrade for the next leg.

These upgrade confirmations were for me AND my companion (w/o pref status). We both got upgraded, no calling.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 6:01 pm

22 for 22 so far as a Plat Preferred and 1 Transcon cleared on a Monday flight...loads look low in the First Class Cabin between LAX-PHL/CLT next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.