Wiki Posts
Search

I won my Delta bet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2007, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum; US Gold; DL Silver
I won my Delta bet

I now have my Delta "status matched" Gold card in my hands. . . US still hasn't gotten me the Gold card I earned flying actual miles on US last year yet.

I'd placed a cynical bet that DL would beat them -- but I had no clue I'd actually be correct!
Old Mar 19, 2007, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by FrequentHopper
I now have my Delta "status matched" Gold card in my hands. . . US still hasn't gotten me the Gold card I earned flying actual miles on US last year yet.

I'd placed a cynical bet that DL would beat them -- but I had no clue I'd actually be correct!
Was this just to see if DL will match you, or are you actually moving to DL?
Old Mar 19, 2007, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum; US Gold; DL Silver
I have already booked 24,000 miles of biz class travel on DL internationally. I'll report back with a comparison with US as soon as I fly.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 3:59 am

I think you will find you had a great experience on DL. No excuses, everything works the way it should.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 8:46 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Exec
I held Silver Medallion for a year when I was going between PBI and ATL a lot. I was very pleased with DL. This was back in 2002 and they threw me a free Crown Room membership, and other goodies.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 9:10 am

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
Was this just to see if DL will match you, or are you actually moving to DL?
Call me crazy, but since he's talking about receiving his DL card before his US one, I think - and stay with me here - that he's talking about a bet he made that he'd get his DL card before his US one. Just a hunch.

Beside, no one in their right mind would bet that DL wouldn't status match a US'er. The pattern I've noticed is that DL (maybe in a fit of spite) is proportionately offering more flat out matches to US flyers than other airlines. Everyone I've talked to who was offered a challenge flew on anothe airline, while almost everyone that was matched outright flew on US or UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.