Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Stranded US Airways passengers, what would you do to get out of the Airport?

Stranded US Airways passengers, what would you do to get out of the Airport?

Old Mar 19, 2007, 11:56 am

Programs: Ex-US GP
Originally Posted by WHBM
Completely OT but I never realised that these two small villages in the middle of Wales had given their name to a US suburb.

I know how to say the Welsh version. How do you folks pronounce it ?
Baa-luh Kin-wood.
When Philadelphia was established by William Penn waaaay back, the area was already settled by Lenape native Americans, Swedes and Welsh. Hence, the number of Welsh (Llanarch, Lower/Upper Gwynedd, Bryn Mawr, Malvern, ect., ect.) and Lenape names (Manayunk, Wingohocking, Passyunk ect.). Strangely, not many Swede names made it to our present era.
Kendall
Old Mar 19, 2007, 4:25 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
(Accidental duplicate posting. Nothing to see...)
Old Mar 19, 2007, 10:22 pm

Programs: Ex-US GP
Originally Posted by tommyleo
(Accidental duplicate posting. Nothing to see...)

Those Swedes really got screwed, though, huh? I mean, "Swedesboro" was the best they could do?
Return greetings to Tommyleo & The Shack.
Kendall

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.