Wiki Posts
Search

Dividend Preferred Security Lane at FLL Gone

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2007, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat; UA Silver; Marriott Platinum;
Thumbs down Dividend Preferred Security Lane at FLL Gone

Just in time for spring break, the Preferred security lane is gone after operating for about a month or so. This is very disappointing especially since the way the lane was set up, it didn’t require extra personnel to man. The security gal said a week or so ago the signs were just taken away, though the lane is still in place. Maybe if we let PHX know how we feel about this seemingly small but significant perk, we can get it back.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
Bummer - flying there next week. Was looking forward to finding this hidden (to the right I think it was) gem.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 7:15 am
Suspended

This is a huge problem if true. That line is a lifesaver and 2/3 the reason I fly into FLL and not MIA (and on American) when I travel to Florida. It's not the line is inefficient -- it is always crowded, too -- just less so than the main line. I will say that at FLL they are generally pretty good about grabbing anyone from both lines and moving them up if they are running late for their flight, though. There's a woman there who regularly goes up and down the line and asks "anyone on X flight" -- wish they did that at every airport.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 10:56 am

Programs: AA, B6, CO, DL, FL, UA, US Gold (only took 10k miles), WN, Amtrak
If this is a joke it is not a funny one.

That line is makes/made FLL so much easier to use; especially when running later after dealing with incompetence surronding the morning LAS flight and once a year passengers.

Bad call Tempe, bad call.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 5:50 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Out of curiosity, since when is an elite line the responsibility of the airline instead of TSA? Additionally, Air Tran, Skyservice, and Westjet utilize the same terminal at FLL. Perhaps blame/praise belongs there. Regardless, I am not defending this stupidity - just make sure y'all know who is to blame before pointing the finger at US.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA, AA
IIRC, airlines are indeed in charge of the lanes, and even the Huntleigh moat dragon. The TSA takes over beyond that point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.