Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem/Question about US dollar credit for used segments

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Problem/Question about US dollar credit for unused segments

Hi, I have a question about USAir's policy regarding unused flight segments. I recently had a flight booked atl-clt-cvg, and the return, for a sales meeting. Due to other circumstances, I needed to get back to atl a lot earlier than my scheduled arrival via US, so I booked a direct on DL. Anyway, I'm inquiring about the unused portion of my ticket (cvg-clt-atl), which is a $360ish value, according to US. When I contacted two different customer service reps about the credit they said that I could only use it towards the SAME flight segments (ie: I would have to fly cvg-clt-atl again in order to use it). I find this to be incredibly odd, as I'm used to Delta's policy, where they just penalize you whatever amount to "change" a flight, but then you can use the balance towards any other booking on their airline. Is this actually the case? Does anyone know of any ways around this crazy policy?

Thanks!

Last edited by scotty00; Mar 7, 2007 at 9:07 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:32 am
Suspended

Programs: US Chairmans, Air Tran Elite, NWA Silver, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by scotty00
Hi, I have a question about USAir's policy regarding unused flight segments. I recently had a flight booked atl-clt-cvg, and the return, for a sales meeting. Due to other circumstances, I needed to get back to atl a lot earlier than my scheduled arrival via US, so I booked a direct on DL. Anyway, I'm inquiring about the unused portion of my ticket (cvg-clt-atl), which is a $360ish value, according to US. When I contacted two different customer service reps about the credit they said that I could only use it towards the SAME flight segments (ie: I would have to fly cvg-clt-atl again in order to use it). I find this to be incredibly odd, as I'm used to Delta's policy, where they just penalize you whatever amount to "change" a flight, but then you can use the balance towards any other booking on their airline. Is this actually the case? Does anyone know of any ways around this crazy policy?

Thanks!
This is not all that uncommon of a policy. I cannot speak as to DL policy, but other airlines such as UA have a similar policy with regards to round trip tickets. Its basically meant to prevent people from using "round trip" tickets for other purposes. There is really no way around this policy. Its really not a crazy policy. You purchased a round trip ticket from ATL to CVG and thats what they are holidng you to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.