Wiki Posts
Search

Canadair Regional Jet 900

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US GP, HH Diamond
Canadair Regional Jet 900

Appears that the Mesa operated DFW-CLT aircraft is a Canadair Regional Jet 900. I can't find the seat configuration on SeatGuru. Anyone know which seats are good? Which to avoid? There appears to be 23 rows on this plane based on the US website's seatmap.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by tmann0619
Appears that the Mesa operated DFW-CLT aircraft is a Canadair Regional Jet 900. I can't find the seat configuration on SeatGuru. Anyone know which seats are good? Which to avoid? There appears to be 23 rows on this plane based on the US website's seatmap.
I flew one Sunday and rows 15 and 16 are the exit rows with good legroom. There is a lav in the front on the right and the one in the back. The seats are hard as h***, no matter where you sit (at least on the one I flew.)
Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:26 pm

As a YV employee(Mesa) I would recommend the first row...seat 1A actually, but the exit rows are very good as well...as for the seats being hard, you should try the Colgan Saabs...these felt like wood seats
Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List
tmann,
While others may have other ideas, I fly the CRJ900 every week, and there ARE no good seats. The exit rows (15 & 16) seem to have less padding than the others. (If you go for exit row, pick 16, since 15 doesn't recline IIRC.) I always try for the front bulkhead for the greater leg-room, but those seats are otherwise uncomfortable like the rest of the plane. The lack of pillows is also rather inconvenient, since I used to put at least one in the seat (back in the glory days of pillows on express flights).
Good luck.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:33 pm

Programs: None
If you go to this Bombardier page and scroll to the bottom, I think the upper of the two seating layouts is close to Mesa's.

I haven't ridden on the -900, so I'll let others recommend seats [as they already have].

Jim
Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by jucundus
tmann,
While others may have other ideas, I fly the CRJ900 every week, and there ARE no good seats. The exit rows (15 & 16) seem to have less padding than the others. (If you go for exit row, pick 16, since 15 doesn't recline IIRC.) I always try for the front bulkhead for the greater leg-room, but those seats are otherwise uncomfortable like the rest of the plane. The lack of pillows is also rather inconvenient, since I used to put at least one in the seat (back in the glory days of pillows on express flights).
Good luck.
I had 16C, so I guess I really did have one of the hardest seats on the plane! I heard others sitting down and saying ouch out loud! I did not know why until I sat down! Big ouch. Glad it was only EWR-CLT.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses everyone. I think I'm in 15 now, so I'll try to get that changed to row 1 or 16. I think I'd rather have the extra legroom than a softer seat....although, if I can't get 1 or 15, then at least I'll feel better knowing that my non-exit row seat is *slightly* softer
Old Mar 7, 2007, 8:54 am

Thanks for the responses everyone. I think I'm in 15 now, so I'll try to get that changed to row 1 or 16. I think I'd rather have the extra legroom than a softer seat....although, if I can't get 1 or 15, then at least I'll feel better knowing that my non-exit row seat is *slightly* softer
The key is to gently slide into the seat. Don't plop into it, or you will definitely understand "hard seat."
Old Mar 7, 2007, 10:39 am

Appears that the Mesa operated DFW-CLT aircraft is a Canadair Regional Jet 900. I can't find the seat configuration on SeatGuru. Anyone know which seats are good? Which to avoid?
The best seats are on the AA flights. The have 5 MD80 flights per day during the work week.

Avoid all seats on the CRJ-900!
Old Mar 7, 2007, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by phllax
The best seats are on the AA flights. The have 5 MD80 flights per day during the work week.

Avoid all seats on the CRJ-900!
I thought about that, but I hate to give up the opportunity for over 1800 EQMs (I haven't flown AA in YEARS), and I won't be back to DFW anytime soon AFAIK. The outbound is a 733, so I only to be uncomfortable on the return. The US tix did cost more than AA, but only slightly (not enough to sway me either way).
Old Mar 7, 2007, 2:34 pm

Programs: US Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by usa18dca
As a YV employee(Mesa) I would recommend the first row...seat 1A actually, but the exit rows are very good as well...as for the seats being hard, you should try the Colgan Saabs...these felt like wood seats
I'm not one to defend Colgan or their Saabs - I've flown them too much and have seen far too many crew-related delays and MX issues to say much positive about them - but their seats are far more comfortable than the Mesa 900s. I'll take 7A in the Saab over any seat in the 900.
Actually, I think only the Colgan B1900s are worse from a seat perspective in the entire US and USX fleet than the 900s.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 9:09 pm

Programs: US-CP PCplatAmb HHgold MARgold
i have to agree with the others that say there are NO good seats on this plane.
when i have to take it, i usually aim for a window in row 2.
i wait and am usually the LAST one on (don't spend a minute more than you have to on it)
that way i don't have to squeeze my way past more than one row, and as an added bonus, one of the first ones off.
also, there is a button underneath the armrest to unlock and raise the armrest next to the fuselage to give yourself an extra inch or two of width.
i've also seen crew take a couple pillows (if they are still carrying them on your flight) and throw them on his seat before sitting down.

good luck
Old Apr 29, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: AA, OnePass, Southwest, Delta, WorldPoints
choosing seats

Is it worth flying first class on this plane? Are the seats much better or just a little?
Old Apr 29, 2010, 7:45 am

Programs: None
US offers no first class seating on the CRJ900 and few U.S. airlines use it due to pilot scope language. In fact, off the top of my head Delta is the only one that comes to mind. Air Canada has the CRJ900 with first class - maybe someone here has flown on it since AC is in the *A.

Jim
Old Apr 29, 2010, 8:55 am

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
US offers no first class seating on the CRJ900 and few U.S. airlines use it due to pilot scope language.
Can you explain what this means? I thought US was just being cheap by not adding F on the express flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.