Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club access with First Class ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2005, 12:22 pm

Programs: U*S Chairman 2008 (2006 = 248,000 Actual Miles on HP) Hilton HHonors Diamond CO OnePass Platinum
Yes the Elite Perk of $20.00 is gone too. And the Club discount is not tiered by status so a Silver and Chairman is charged the same amount for membership. I think that is a slap in the face to the top tier pax
Old Dec 21, 2005, 1:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Is access provided when traveling internationally in F? I have a Star award in SQ F from SFO-HKG next week. I'm flying HP from PHX-SFO to meet up with my award. Would I be given access in PHX? Would I be able to use the F checkin in PHX as well?
Old Dec 21, 2005, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Exclamation Same as it ever was.

Originally Posted by HPDTW
Yes the Elite Perk of $20.00 is gone too. And the Club discount is not tiered by status so a Silver and Chairman is charged the same amount for membership. I think that is a slap in the face to the top tier pax
Well to be truthful, that's the way it's always been with HP Club membership.
Old Dec 21, 2005, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by RChavez
Is access provided when traveling internationally in F? I have a Star award in SQ F from SFO-HKG next week. I'm flying HP from PHX-SFO to meet up with my award. Would I be given access in PHX? Would I be able to use the F checkin in PHX as well?

If you are star alliance gold and are flying HP metal, you can get in the lounge. So if you are Premiere Executive or above on UA, and flying on HP, you can access the club regardless of class of service.

But it appears that the free access for flying paid 'F' is no longer around. And the perk used to be for PAID F, not awards or upgrades.
Old Dec 21, 2005, 3:29 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by sfo_jfk_flyer
If you are star alliance gold and are flying HP metal, you can get in the lounge. So if you are Premiere Executive or above on UA, and flying on HP, you can access the club regardless of class of service.

But it appears that the free access for flying paid 'F' is no longer around. And the perk used to be for PAID F, not awards or upgrades.
Though isn't it a published Star benefit that when traveling in International F on a Star carrier, access is permitted to carriers' lounges, regardless of whether award or purchased?

I guess I'm asking whether HP is yet honoring the Star lounge access rules, not about HP's previous access w/ a paid HP First Class ticket.
Old Dec 21, 2005, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, National Executive
Though isn't it a published Star benefit that when traveling in International F on a Star carrier, access is permitted to carriers' lounges, regardless of whether award or purchased?

I guess I'm asking whether HP is yet honoring the Star lounge access rules, not about HP's previous access w/ a paid HP First Class ticket.

Yes, HP is honoring the Star lounge access rules-For Star Alliance Gold members. I don't know about international first, since it isn't a published benefit. I think you could call the club number listed on the website and ask. That's how I was able to verify the benefit for Star Alliance Gold.
Old Dec 21, 2005, 4:05 pm

Programs: US dirt (from CP), Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond??, Avis First, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by HPDTW
...And the Club discount is not tiered by status so a Silver and Chairman is charged the same amount for membership. I think that is a slap in the face to the top tier pax
Unfortunately, this is another of the changes coming about with the merger -- it used to be a $25/$50/$75 discount based on Silver/Gold/Chairmans tiers. I agree that to an extent, the new policy dilutes the value of the higher tiers. But will more Silver members (who fly less than Chairmans' members and therefore aren't at the airport as often) decide that the new rate is worth it? The better question is how many Silver members will join at $300 vs $350. I personally don't think the $50 difference will incent Silver members to join, but US must feel this change will generate some additional revenue. It only takes one Silver who will buy at $300 but won't buy at $350 to make up the $50 difference in discount for six Silvers who buy the membership regardless of cost.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 6:49 am
Original Member

Thumbs up Access Granted

Just to report back on my experience, I did wind up getting access to the club based on my SQ F ticket. It did require a bit of explanation to the agent, and to be perfectly honest, I am not sure if I was really entitled access, but she asked for my FF #, I gave her my NZ number whose miles were used for the ticket, and she let me in. My NZ account is not *G level, but perhaps there was a provision in the system for International F *A passengers somewhere.

Anyway, as I said, I was granted access, but I'm not sure I was really entitled, so YMMV.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 6:53 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by sfo_jfk_flyer
Yes, HP is honoring the Star lounge access rules-For Star Alliance Gold members. I don't know about international first, since it isn't a published benefit.
I believe that it is a published benefit for International F *A passengers, at least according to this:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,3113,00.html

However, while the HP clubs have been assimilated into the US system, there seems to still be that grey area about whether full star benefits are extended to HP customers.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 8:49 am

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Thumbs up

Just to report back on my experience, I did wind up getting access to the club based on my SQ F ticket. It did require a bit of explanation to the agent, and to be perfectly honest, I am not sure if I was really entitled access, but she asked for my FF #, I gave her my NZ number whose miles were used for the ticket, and she let me in. My NZ account is not *G level, but perhaps there was a provision in the system for International F *A passengers somewhere.

Anyway, as I said, I was granted access, but I'm not sure I was really entitled, so YMMV.

First of all, the former HP Clubs are now US Airways clubs. They should follow all rules of being a *Gold Lounge. This includes access when flying on another *A carrier in C or F.

Glad it worked out!! ^ ^
Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:17 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
. . . However, while the HP clubs have been assimilated into the US system, there seems to still be that grey area about whether full star benefits are extended to HP customers.
It's not really grey at all. Until they complete the merger of Flight Fund into Dividend Miles (in "late Spring" now), HP elite customers are not receiving any Star Alliance benefits. The only way they can receive Star benefits is if they are also an elite member in another Star Alliance program.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 11:09 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest
First of all, the former HP Clubs are now US Airways clubs. They should follow all rules of being a *Gold Lounge. This includes access when flying on another *A carrier in C or F.

Glad it worked out!! ^ ^

As a followup, the USAirways Magaine's maps LAS, PHX, and LAX show the former HP clubs as *Gold locations. All *A rules should apply with carrier specific restrictions as necessart. For example, my RCC membership will only let me in the LAS USClub on those days that I am flying HP or US.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1P emeritus; Hhonors Silver; Marriott Rewards Silver
Several months later...

1) Is it still policy that F pax on US do NOT have access to the US Club?

2) Traveling on a *A business class award, AKL-LAX-CLT-DCA, a pax wouldn't get the *G access at LAX or CLT?
Old Aug 8, 2006, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by dcadude
Several months later...

1) Is it still policy that F pax on US do NOT have access to the US Club?

2) Traveling on a *A business class award, AKL-LAX-CLT-DCA, a pax wouldn't get the *G access at LAX or CLT?
If you are Star Alliance Gold and you are traveling same day on an international coach or first class ticket to anywhere but Canada, the Caribbean, or Mexico, then you have US Airways Club access.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 5:12 pm

Programs: US CP, *wood Gold, Marriott gold, Hilton something
Originally Posted by KevAZ
Cost is $40/day pass. Then you get to pay for drinks, AND internet access. AWA and all of the other carriers need to lobby PHX airport for realistically priced T3 access.
T3? If you mean Internet access...h*!!... get a comercial cable or FiOS account for $150-400 /month...

Surely they are involved with tmobile for a reason. It cannot just be the connection and/or the airport....is it?

If that is the case, US Air, please call me I'll tell you about routers and wifi access points and all the fun stuff kids are doing on the intraweb these days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.