Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How to tell if the flight is on US Metal or AA Metal?

Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Question How to tell if the flight is on US Metal or AA Metal?

I am looking at booking a flight ORD-PHX in November. Since all flights are AA marketed by then I was wondering if there is any way to tell in advance if the plane is US Metal/interior or AA Metal/interior? Based on the flight # maybe?

Thanks!
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT

There is a good chance that if it is an Airbus, it's US metal.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Thanks! Is there a timeline for when the interiors will be updated to AA interiors?
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Considering that some pmHP aircraft still sport the desert motif bulkhead carpet, I would not hold your breath on the interior updates.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The two airlines had just two mainline planes in common: A319s and A321s.

The US A319s have 12 First Class seats and the AA A319s have just 8 First Class seats. US announced a long-term plan to install new interiors in the pmUS A319s, including MCE.

The AA A321s feature MCE in rows other than exit rows and bulkheads, while the pmUS A321s do not. Parker has not announced any plans to reconfigure the pmUS A321s.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Thanks! Is there a timeline for when the interiors will be updated to AA interiors?
Only the 319 has been announced for retrofit to AA layout at this time. As FWAAA details, there some major cons to that, as planes will lose 4 F seats and Y- will have horrendous 30-inch pitch. (You gain MCE though, and I'm guessing power ports and IFE but not sure on the last part).

The program was announced earlier this year with a completion date of year-end 2016. However, I do not think the program has started yet.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I overlooked the last common aircraft, the 757. The US West 757s (flown to Hawai'i) are reported to be in line for retirement later this year and early 2016, to be replaced by AA-metal 757s (moved from LAX to PHX) now that AA is flying new A321s on LAX-HI routes.

East coast to Europe 757s - complex and covered in some detail in this combined fleet thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...read-info.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.