Who knew? [GA: we can't board as plane is pressurized]

Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by s0ssos
And the passenger was there 15 minutes before the plane departing. Because the plane was there 25 minutes longer at the gate. So?
The passenger was not there 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time

There is no information to suggest that the aeroplane was not expected to depart at the scheduled time
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
There is no information to suggest that the aeroplane was not expected to depart at the scheduled time
You have no idea what the GA knew or didn't know.

The only thing we know is the GA made up a strange excuse for not boarding 20+ passengers.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
You have no idea what the GA knew or didn't know.

The only thing we know is the GA made up a strange excuse for not boarding 20+ passengers.
I never suggested that I did know

What I said is that there is nothing to suggest that it wasn't expected to depart at its scheduled time

Indeed , the only thing that is known re the agent is that the agent gave a stupid reason

No one here ( afaik ) knows what the agent may have known/not known, done/not done in relation to the flight departure

What is known about the passenger is that he arrived < 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time
Old Oct 9, 2015, 4:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I never suggested that I did know

What I said is that there is nothing to suggest that it wasn't expected to depart at its scheduled time

Indeed , the only thing that is known re the agent is that the agent gave a stupid reason

No one here ( afaik ) knows what the agent may have known/not known, done/not done in relation to the flight departure

What is known about the passenger is that he arrived < 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time
Sorry, but you are the one who advised the OP there was nothing to complain about. Leaving 20 + passengers who show up 2 minutes late and giving a silly excuse while the plane sits there is a pretty solid reason to let AA know what went on.

Maybe you need to reconsider your original advice?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Sorry, but you are the one who advised the OP there was nothing to complain about. Leaving 20 + passengers who show up 2 minutes late and giving a silly excuse while the plane sits there is a pretty solid reason to let AA know what went on.

Maybe you need to reconsider your original advice?
Were the passengers late?

If they were not late, then should definitely be allowed to board
If , as seems confirmed, they were late and so being denied boarding is within the US terms

Anything regarding the motives/decision making etc of the US staff at gate/operations etc is not known

The agent gave garbage reasoning for the reason for not re-opening a flight - which seems pointless to complain about.

if wanting to suggest that US ( or AA soon ) change its procedures that is different , but see that nothing that has occurred in breach of T&Cs
Old Oct 9, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I've been on numerous flights over the years when they've opened the door to board a group of people at the last minute, thus letting all of the air out of the plane. It likely required the magic left-handed screwdriver to do it, and this GA apparently didn't have one.

Fortunately, more air was located, and we were able to take off and remain airborne after doing so.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.