Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more overnight flights out of LAS? (not verified)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Silver, Fantasy Football Champ
No more overnight flights out of LAS? (not verified)

Hello,

Every year in September, I go to Las Vegas for a convention. I fly out of PIT usually early on Thursday morning and always fly home late on Saturday night usually around 11 pm, connect through Charlotte around 5 or 6 am and get home to PIT around 9 am or so. I've been doing this for the past 5 or 6 years. My trip is coming up again September 17. For some reason I can no longer find any late flights out of LAS on Saturday the 19th. Is it possible they are just sold out an no longer on the site, or do they no longer offer overnight flights out of LAS anymore on Saturday nights? I did see that they have some on Sunday night, but that doesn't help me.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:25 am

There's a redeye there but via PHL and it is full.

Last edited by DataPlumber; Sep 1, 2015 at 9:30 am
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
There's a redeye there but via PHL and it is full.
That's bizarro revenue management; a flight that is F0Y0 18 days in advance? Makes me suspect that it's in fact zeroed out and cancelled for that day, not sold out. Particularly since the redeye is Y0 but every other flight on that day is showing 7s or 9s well down into the cheap fare classes on ExpertFlyer.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
There could also be a large group booking on the flight
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by ashill
That's bizarro revenue management; a flight that is F0Y0 18 days in advance? Makes me suspect that it's in fact zeroed out and cancelled for that day, not sold out. Particularly since the redeye is Y0 but every other flight on that day is showing 7s or 9s well down into the cheap fare classes on ExpertFlyer.
There remain a number of unassigned seats in coach, notably a bunch of Choice Seats for a fee and a smattering of mostly middles further back. This is pretty typical of an oversold flight prior to airport control of the seat map, so I doubt it's cancelled.

Is there some major event wrapping earlier in the evening in LAS on that date? AA 311, which runs LAS-MIA and leaves 10 minutes earlier, is also zeroed out in all classes.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by phlwookie
Is there some major event wrapping earlier in the evening in LAS on that date? AA 311, which runs LAS-MIA and leaves 10 minutes earlier, is also zeroed out in all classes.
The OP's convention? OP, what is it? This event calendar lists a couple 25k attendee conventions in that date range; I have no idea if that's unusual for Vegas.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
There is an overnight flt to CLT the day before, so it looks like they just don't have one on Saturday night, which isn't too surprising since its not that busy of a travel day, especially since school is back in session.

There is that redeye to PHL but it is in fact full; oversold in fact, not canceled or even on the chopping block.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I fly PHL-LAS-PHL regularly, and often return on the redeyes (one at 10:30, one at 12:30). There is a lot of weirdness about prices and availability on some of these flights. I don't have a solution - in my case, I'm just able to be flexible about my travel dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.