Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US metal flights only showing up on AA.com?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2015, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott-SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
pre 10/18 US metal flights only showing up on AA.com?

Anyone have a clue as to why certain US metal flights now only appear on AA.com and not USAirways.com?

I routinely book BUF-TPA via CLT, flights for my boss who is Exec Platinum and have noticed that flights prior to he 10/18 consolidation are disappearing off USAirways.com but still available on AA.com.

Case in point 9/24/15 BUF-TPA flight 1707 (departing at 6:59pm) connecting to 1873. 2 weeks ago it showed on both sites, not only on AA.com. The same is true for 10/15/15 on this same flight. These are US metal flights and AA.com even shows them as operated by US Airways, yet I can't book it on usairways.com any longer?

The flight is no more than 25% full for either segment based on seating availability.

I'd book on AA.com but fear not receiving upgrades on US metal booked on aa.com prior to the 10/18 integration of systems,unless I have that wrong? I don't think I do since if I go through the booking process for a flight on aa.com prior to 10/18 it doesn't show the auto-upgrade waitlist screen for Exec Platinum like it does for flights booked 10/18 or later.

Anyone have thoughts on this or similar issues on other flights?

Last edited by Sabre1; Aug 18, 2015 at 1:46 pm
Old Aug 18, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: US, HH
To get your upgrades per usual, you need to book the US marketed & operated fights (they will show with a OneWorld logo instead of the AA logo). Use "All Carriers" in the advanced search page to get them to show up. They don't necessarily show every US marketed/operated flight though, and prices may or may not differ.

Caveat for selecting US prime flights - you cannot hold them. But you can cancel within 24 hours if needed (although the agents I came across recently when I needed to cancel one, had no idea that some reservations don't offer the Hold option).
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GrjApp
To get your upgrades per usual, you need to book the US marketed & operated fights (they will show with a OneWorld logo instead of the AA logo). Use "All Carriers" in the advanced search page to get them to show up. They don't necessarily show every US marketed/operated flight though, and prices may or may not differ.

Caveat for selecting US prime flights - you cannot hold them. But you can cancel within 24 hours if needed (although the agents I came across recently when I needed to cancel one, had no idea that some reservations don't offer the Hold option).
Thanks! Tried advanced search, all carriers as you suggested and the flight comes up as one world and even shows up with the auto-upgrade request for US Airways like it would if AA.

Any idea why I can only book these flights via AA? Are they taking flights off one-at a time and transitioning pre 10/18?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Sabre1
Anyone have a clue as to why certain US metal flights now only appear on AA.com and not USAirways.com?

I routinely book BUF-TPA via CLT, flights for my boss who is Exec Platinum and have noticed that flights prior to he 10/18 consolidation are disappearing off USAirways.com but still available on AA.com.

Case in point 9/24/15 BUF-TPA flight 1707 (departing at 6:59pm) connecting to 1873. 2 weeks ago it showed on both sites, not only on AA.com. The same is true for 10/15/15 on this same flight. These are US metal flights and AA.com even shows them as operated by US Airways, yet I can't book it on usairways.com any longer?

The flight is no more than 25% full for either segment based on seating availability.

I'd book on AA.com but fear not receiving upgrades on US metal booked on aa.com prior to the 10/18 integration of systems,unless I have that wrong? I don't think I do since if I go through the booking process for a flight on aa.com prior to 10/18 it doesn't show the auto-upgrade waitlist screen for Exec Platinum like it does for flights booked 10/18 or later.

Anyone have thoughts on this or similar issues on other flights?

I just searched for your first example on usairways.com. I see it, although I had to trim the search to 5 PM from "any".
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jghassell
I just searched for your first example on usairways.com. I see it, although I had to trim the search to 5 PM from "any".
Interesting, I tried trimming the search a couple days ago and it didn't show that way either. It does now though as you said if I trim it at 5 or 6pm.

Weird things happening with the site as we're nearing end of days for it.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by GrjApp
24 hour cancellation no longer applies to flights booked with AA within 7 days.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: US, HH
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
24 hour cancellation no longer applies to flights booked with AA within 7 days.
True, but for flights outside of that window that didn't offer the 24-hour hold, you still have the cancellation within 24 hours option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.