I give the FA "A" for effort

Old Aug 17, 2015, 3:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I give the FA "A" for effort

Flying US MIA/CLT today the F FA comes to me and says, thank you Mr. NewYork George for being an "Emerald" flyer and all the miles and F class (some of my travel from time to time is paid F) you travel with us. Clearly he seemed very nervous doing it although he didn't seem like a newbie FA. Provided full PDBs and good service in the air (as good as a snack basket service can be). I must give him "A" for effort, but "Emerald" flyer? I guess its close to Executive PLT. I wonder if I should have corrected him but he was so sincere and I just didn't have the heart.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I think he meant one world emerald, which you are. So he wasn't wrong at all. I would give him an A for being right. It could also be that US doesn't have the AA statuses ported over on everything and you just show up as OWE. Now if he called you a sapphire or a plat, then the gloves should come off.

Last edited by hiima; Aug 17, 2015 at 4:06 pm
Old Aug 17, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Flying US MIA/CLT today the F FA comes to me and says, thank you Mr. NewYork George for being an "Emerald" flyer...
What kind of FA name is that?

Honest answer, do you guys actually care if FA acknowledge your status. I certainly don't need to hear a rehearsed/monotone "thanks for being loyal to AAdvantage" each time I call CS or fly -- let's skip the formalities and get us better planes/lounges/hard benefits.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
What kind of FA name is that?
I think Mr. NewYork George is the nickname for the OP and not the FAs name. It seems to be convention on FT to use your nickname and not real name inside posts

we could ask what sort of name is supermintyfresh or even how stupid is the name bricksoft
Old Aug 18, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
I've not flown with US in over two weeks, but the status on the paper boarding ticket did reflect a OW FF status as opposed to an AA plat status then.

Beyond the general welcome aboard to our FFs, I've never received a thanks for status level. Not that I would expect one as a mid tier. Sounds like a nice flight and anecdotally that there are some good US crews out there.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: WFBF
As far as I'm aware, the info the FAs get doesn't actually list the specific airline program or status tier. So it's not that the FA doesn't know how the program works, it's that the FA just gets a thing that says "passenger in (seat number) is OW Emerald" with no details of whether that means AA EXP, BA EC Gold, etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.