Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LUS: Who flew last US flight? (US 1939 Lv SFO 10 pm 16 Oct 2015)

Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Who is flying / flew US 1939, the final US Airways flight?

For a reminiscence opportunity, see LUS: Dinner with US FA "GalleyWench" Tue 27 Oct 6 PM Lowell, NC

16 Oct 2015: US 1939 Lv PHL 10:05 am, - Ar CLT 12:04 pm; Lv CLT 2:35 pm - Ar PHX 4:01 pm;
Lv PHX 5:10 pm - Ar SFO 7:12 pm; Lv SFO 9:55 pm - Arv PHL 6:18 am+ (17 Oct)

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
The last US Airways flight was numbered US1939 to commemorate the operational start year of All American Aviation, the company that preceded Allegheny and US Airways.

To celebrate the end of the US Airways name, US1939 was given as the flight number to PHL-CLT (10:05 AM), CLT-PHX (2:35 PM), PHX-SFO (5:10 PM) and SFO-PHL (9:55 PM). Events were be held at all four stops, which include major hubs. Details as reported by the OMAAT blog (http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...irways-flight/).

I for one will be on the PHX-SFO leg. I'll try to say hello to those of you strong enough to do the redeye!
Originally Posted by swag
The farewell flight for US Airways will be a red-eye Flight 434 1939 is scheduled to leave San Francisco around 10 p.m. and land in Philadelphia after 6 a.m. on Oct 17.

http://news.yahoo.com/last-flight-us...--finance.html
philly.com 25 Aug article with historical info: http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...lgia_trip.html

Special events are to be held at all four hubs, PHL, CLT, PHX, SFO. Past CEO Ed Colodny will fly SFO-PHL.

Please list FT handle and details you wish to share, e.g. which sector you're flying, cabin and seat, ability to guest at SFO Admirals Club, etc.)

• Captain Flush
  • charbroiled
  • CNMAZ (PHX-SFO leg)
  • cool_xp2002
  • dciandy
  • freqflyercoll (SFO-PHL, can guest to SFO AC)
  • LukasVIE (SFO-PHL, can guest to SFO and PHL ACs)
  • Milz02315 (SFO-PHL, can guest to SFO and PHL ACs 6-10 am)
  • SFOPhD (PHX-SFO)
  • VolansFortunae
  • a330300 (SFO-PHL in Y, can guest to SFO and PHL ACs upon arrival)
  • mtvesuvius (PHX-SFO, might be able to guest at SFO)

Etc.

Note the thread Saying "Goodbye" to US Airways - tributes, photo essays, etc.

Print Wikipost

Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:10 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis

Given we now have been updated on the final target date for "One system. One code." is 17 October 2015, it may be time to start a thread here for those who will be on the last US Airways coded flight.

Originally Posted by swag
The farewell flight for US Airways will be a red-eye Flight 434 is scheduled to leave San Francisco around 10 p.m. and land in Philadelphia after 6 a.m. on Oct. 18.

http://news.yahoo.com/last-flight-us...--finance.html
Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Who is flying on the final US flight? (US 434 Lv SFO 10 pm 17 Oct 2015)

As soon as "red-eye " is mentioned you can be 100% guaranteed that I won't be on it!
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Heh, heh! That was my exact thought.

Note there is some discrepancy with AA emails stating the end of US coding is the 17th - or 18th! - so we may all want to keep our powder dry until this is clarified. "DON'T book em, Danno!" At least not until we have clarity - alert a mod to change title, feel free to edit the wiki, if we get anything that clarifies it to the 18th.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Heh, heh! That was my exact thought.

Note there is some discrepancy with AA emails stating the end of US coding is the 17th - or 18th! - so we may all want to keep our powder dry until this is clarified. "DON'T book em, Danno!" At least not until we have clarity - alert a mod to change title, feel free to edit the wiki, if we get anything that clarifies it to the 18th.
I saw the language in the email from AA that says "as of July 18, all flights departing on or after October 17 will be American flights" and went ahead and booked US434 for October 16th.

But I made sure to book a refundable ticket.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Captain Flush
I saw the language in the email from AA that says "as of July 18, all flights departing on or after October 17 will be American flights" and went ahead and booked US434 for October 16th.

But I made sure to book a refundable ticket.
IMO, that's the way to go. ^

But you're a better man / woman than I am, Gunga Din. A redeye that long without a flat bed is just not in my repertoire any longer. Passing seven decades in age just is a huge disincentive.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by JDiver
IMO, that's the way to go. ^

But you're a better man / woman than I am, Gunga Din. A redeye that long without a flat bed is just not in my repertoire any longer. Passing seven decades in age just is a huge disincentive.
Hell i won't do it either now even at 47. Those red eyes are brutal. I avoid them now unless it's across the Atlantic or Pacific and a given i'll be in at least J if not F.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:51 pm
Suspended

Kind of an out of the way flight for me at least, being based at that time at MCO. Checked prices to SFO, and on-top of them being ridiculous they don't even offer a connecting version going through PHL to get back to MCO. Wish they offered a short East-Coast CLT, DCA, or PHL hop, oh well. Looks like I flew US for the last time at the end of April. So long Cactus, it's been a good ride.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Does anyone know for sure if it's the 16th or the 17th? I only asked because FC is sold out for the 9:55PM flight on the 16th (even EF shows F0) while it appears wide open on the 17th.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
FC? A real Flyertalker would make sure to book the last row of coach, so as to be the last passenger off.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by Milz02315
Does anyone know for sure if it's the 16th or the 17th? I only asked because FC is sold out for the 9:55PM flight on the 16th (even EF shows F0) while it appears wide open on the 17th.
It was wide open on the 16th when I booked that flight on Friday afternoon! So much for my hopes of getting the last possible stickerless transcon upgrade. At least I snagged 10A . . . .
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:15 am

I mentioned on another thread: If a flight is US until it's completed, wouldn't a more likely candidate be the PHL-TLV flight?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: SPG
I'm interested in going on this, particularly since I'm SFO based! Current coach fare is $767, tempted to burn 30k AA miles for an anytime coach award...
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: SPG
it is the 16th that is the final flight right? anyway, i'm booked on it now.

Last edited by freqflyercoll; Jul 14, 2015 at 12:43 pm
Old Jul 14, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I'm in as well. I can guest into the lounge in SFO, just not sure when my positioning flight will be out there.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I'll probably be in LAS then, but I can always take the 10:25PM flight LAS-PHL. Anybody wanna meet for breakfast? Or guest me into the US club in PHL if you're just doing a turnaround?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.