Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Time Flying US - No Love in the Lounge...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by USFlyer26
That sucks. I've had great experiences with all of the agents in PHL except for one who always works in the A West Club. She acts like she's doing you a favor by showing up to work.
Agreed!! I don't frequent the A West club often, but I know exactly who you are talking about. Totally uninterested in doing her job at all.

Regarding PHL as a city, I guarantee you that we all don't have that attitude. And there are some great employees at the PHL airport, unfortunately however, there are also some pretty bad ones too and they don't seem to have any motivation to improve their service, or attitude.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
BTW, I agree with the comments that PHL airport and especially US at PHL has its own ingrained bad attitude. Maybe it can be blamed on the city as a whole and its attitude......
Been talked about in FT for years. Here's one of the more popular threads on the, "Philly-tude"
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...illy-tude.html
Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Years of flying through PHL and getting harassed in the A-west club and getting no service from the USAirways employees in the F-terminal as they seemed more interested in flirting with their colleagues than attending to the needs of the flyers.

But then in 2013, something changed. I was always greeted warmly in the A-west club even by that person that other FTers mention They even remembered who my wife was and treated her very well when she was travelling alone. Now that I relocated to the UK and will not fly through PHL, I'm missing it.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Arsey00
US phone agents can link PNRs and nonstatus companions inherit the highest status. Be I pretty new to US myself, I've no idea whether this has always been true or if it's an AA policy brought over that not all agents are aware of. Perhaps a phone call could help.
I believe it's been that way for quite some time. I've done it a few times over a period of the last several years. Sometimes I have to get a supervisor involved but I've been told by more than one supervisor that they can seat companions with me even if they are on a separate PNR. The only thing that isn't possible when on separate PNR's was companion upgrades on US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.