Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Book flights using "nearby airports" box: higher-priced hub flights only?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2015, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive

I frequently fly into a small airport that is just down the road from a large hub. Usually the small airport is more expensive, so on the US.com main page, I go to "Book travel/flights" and on the next page, I type in the flight information and check "Show nearby airports" in the hope of seeing flights to surrounding airports (such as the hub) that may be cheaper.

However, I noticed that if I book a flight to the small airport and check "Show nearby airports", often only flights to the hub appear, but not flights to the small airport.

Today, flights to the hub were significantly more than flights to the small airport. So by checking "Show nearby airports", the flights that appeared were more expensive than the ones that appeared if I did not check "Show nearby airports".

What's up with that? When you check "Show nearby airports", why wouldn't all flights to the airport that you list appear, plus other flights to surrounding airports? Why do only flights to the nearest hub appear?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
I'd try making the same search on Kayak with the multiple airport, then filter down to your airline of choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.